S-10 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
I had that same problem when I swapped out my old engine for one I rebuilt. I swapped the injectors from the engine I took out and put them into the rebuilt one and presto it worked. Some how I must've recked them I guess.

·
Yes, those are my feet
630 Posts
This is the orig TBI unit... i had to put it on the replacement engine because the TBI from the replacement had different plugs.... Started testing the harness tonight. the ECM has a good ground. Both of the injectors are getting battery pos, and the wires from the injectors to the ecm ohm'd out just fine.

The next queston is: What pins tell the ecm it's time to fire the *(&^$% injectors???

·
Registered Fabricator
777 Posts
you need an accurate wiring diagram.. I'd bet the PCM switches the ground on and off to fire the injectors. I doubt it fires the positive on and off. But like I said, you need a wiring diagram for this.

Does the check engine light come on when you cycle the key (put it to run, but not crank). If it doesnt, your PCM isn't awake, or completely dead

·
Yes, those are my feet
630 Posts
you need an accurate wiring diagram.. I'd bet the PCM switches the ground on and off to fire the injectors. I doubt it fires the positive on and off. But like I said, you need a wiring diagram for this.

Does the check engine light come on when you cycle the key (put it to run, but not crank). If it doesnt, your PCM isn't awake, or completely dead
yah, the ecm supplies the ground. I just need to know what tells the ecm that it's time to supply that ground... I'm fixin to burn this bitch to the ground... *pulls out hair*

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
well from what i can gather your pulse comes from the Distributore Coil. the ign. module reads the pulse and sends it to the PCM. The PCM calculates the proper pulse rate for the injectors. The Injectors spray...to make a long storie short, the pulse rate is directly related to the rotaion of the Distributor.

i would check your ECM/IGN fuse. if thats not it test your IGN module. if your IGN Modules A-1, check your PCM grounds. There are 3. you could have a blown PCM.

Speaking of ground wires it turns out my 3 PCM groun wires were dangling between the driver side head and the fire wall. what a winner!:rant:.

Thanks for the hand dudes!! keep me posted on your progress, i'll try and be as usefull as possible.

pc nuggas.

·
Yes, those are my feet
630 Posts
**drops head** the distributor coil was rusted out... I get an injector pulse now, but still no start...

·
Yes, those are my feet
630 Posts
i'm up to signal and gas with no start.... brought my timing light home, if that dont work I'll try fresher gas.....

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
if you took the heads off during the swap make shure you have compresion. If your extremely low your rings are bad and you didn't gap your valves....like me.:rotf:

·
Yes, those are my feet
630 Posts
nope... swapped in a whole engine... buddy wrapped his truck around a tree... I actually drove it to the house so I know it's a running engine...

·
Yes, those are my feet
630 Posts
*headdesk* checked the timing cuz i had a bit of help. I do have the timing spot on (10deg BTDC), and I happenend to glance at the injectors... even tho my noid light is flashing like an epilectic on crack (it works...) the injetors still arent firing. I'm swapping in another set I happened to have and will test here in a bit... oh, and i stripped the hard line at the TBI... *hangs self*

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Webb-Foot: sounds like your trucks giving you as hard a time as mine.

I checked the compression yesterday it's i got 30 +- 5 psi all around...i thought it was a bit strange that all the rings could be worn out so evenly.:dunno:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Webb-Foot: sounds like your trucks giving you as hard a time as mine.

I checked the compression yesterday it's i got 30 +- 5 psi all around...i thought it was a bit strange that all the rings could be worn out so evenly.:dunno:
i was told the engine had been sitting around for a few years and only had 120 someodd thousand clicks.

HELP!! :p

·
Yes, those are my feet
630 Posts
Update....

After a whole lot of :bawl: and :rant: it will finally :burnout:. So now I am so totally :rock: and tonight I'm doing a lot of :beer:.

there was ONE FRIGGIN wire that I was supposed to attach to the block when I dropped it back in... it's one of the grounds for the ECM.... D'oh!!

I'm going to bleed the clutch, drop the bed back on and test drive it today...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 87 2.8 TBI completely stock.

i have fuel presure but when i start hur up the injectors wont spray:rant: ....lol

Woulod anyone hapen to have a fuel system diagram of the sorts?
Take off your connections on your injectors, then use a 9v battery amd see if you hear a "tick" sound when you "jump" the posts if you do then its good if you dont theyre bad. Ive replaced both injectors and all the gaskets in the throttle body. Let me know what happens.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
25,293 Posts
Take off your connections on your injectors, then use a 9v battery amd see if you hear a "tick" sound when you "jump" the posts if you do then its good if you dont theyre bad. Ive replaced both injectors and all the gaskets in the throttle body. Let me know what happens.
Did you look at the date on this thread??...13 years mold.

Closed.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.