S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched these forums and I'm pretty sure i have an answer but I thought I'd double check before getting to work. I have a complete 2.8 V6 out of a 84 S10 Blazer with super low miles and runs great. I also have a 1993 S10 with a blown motor (still in the truck and does run). My question is, can I just basically treat the 84 motor like a long block and just swap all the 93 stuff to it? I assume id also need to block off the mechanical fuel pump opening on the block of the 84 motor because it's not needed. And I think in this swap I will also need to keep the flywheel from the 84 on the 84 block when it all goes in the 93. If there's anything else I should know or look at before starting any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Boozebag
9,265 Posts
Welcome to the forum! :)
Yes, you are exactly on target. If you save everything form the early engine and add all of the later components (not flex/flywheel), you'll be stylin. A lot of the sensors are the same.
It's a direct drop in.

·
Boozebag
9,265 Posts
The only issue will be the Flywheel or flex plate. The later engine uses a different balance, so you have to use the flex/flywheel that came with it. Don't put the earlier unit on the later engine...

·
Maybe later.
9,335 Posts
The great thing is, you can go the other way too, (Put 93 block in an 84) but you'll need to add an electric fuel pump.

·
Registered
92 Posts
you'll either need to leave a mechanical fuel pump attached to the block or have someone waterjet or plasma cut a block off plate since nobody ever made one for 60 degree V6's - if you leave a fuel pump hanging then the emissions guy can see that and if he know what he's seeing he'll know it's a way earlier block and depending on where you live you can fail emissions testing - it's best to have a block off plate fabricated

1 - 7 of 7 Posts