S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i am new here but i need some input on a 2.8L to 4.3L motor swap. i have a 1987 s-10 ext. cab and i am no sure if the 4.3 will just swap out or if i have to make any adjustments. if you can help me out please tell me everything i need. :confused:

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
JOHN said:
Its a waste of time. Put a 350 in that bad boy.

Dude that is so untrue. It is a great drop in upgrade there is no real modifying if you get all the 4.3 parts from the donor.

·
Camaro Owner, S10 Lover.
148 Posts
Tha_Boom said:

Dude that is so untrue. It is a great drop in upgrade there is no real modifying if you get all the 4.3 parts from the donor.
Obviously he is going for power. I have a 4.3L and they are dogs for the most part. Quick ,but in the scheme of things, its a dog. If your gonna do a motor drop, put in a 350. Otherwise dont waste the time. Trust me, once he puts in a V6, he will want MORE power after he hits a low 16, high 15 and the track and cries. 350 built would peg low 12's N/A.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for all the info, after hearing it, i think i am going to go with the 350.:thumbup:

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
what all besides the motor, the motor mounts, and the tranny will i need to max it out. i know the basics but i could you some help on getting maximum power off the line and plenty of gain the rest of the way the down the track. would a single 100 shot of NOS take care of it?:confused:

·
Registered
18 Posts
:confused: :confused: :confused: Is that all you little twits can think of is NOS??? :bash: Get it through your heads... You need to dump $20,000 into a motor and squeeze every little bit out of it before even thinking about NOS. NOS is the poor man's/ cheater's way. Use the motor you got to it's limit's, then when it's not gonna make any more power on it's own, then switch to the bottle.

:mad: ever since that friggin movie came out... :grunble: :grumble:

Yeah, go watch that movie again. They didn't just put a bottle on it and call it good. Those motors were rung out to find every last bit of power before resorting to NOS.

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
why does everyone think the low revving 350 is the first thing that should go in... there are better engines out there... like say a vette 327... possibly a dual cam Aroura 4.0 (i mean come on if it is good enough for Shelby to use) the 350 has way too much torque for the small truckyou need a high revving smooth torque curve not one that unloads torque real low like the 350 does unless built really well.. and the 4.3 is not a dog the 2.8 is and umm they are both v-6's the 4.3 has enough mods to pull mad ponies out just like a 350

·
Registered
201 Posts
FYRMAN: People in the REAL world have budgets. To stay within those budgets we look fo the bestt hp per dollar solutions. N20 is the cheapest way to get a good powertrain for the 1/4. Ieven if it sacrifices reliability/peak performance.

Hutch: Most do a 350 because it is common. I want to do a turbocharged 400 block with a 350 crank. High reving turbocharge v8s are very nice.

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
mtl_hed said:
FYRMAN: People in the REAL world have budgets. To stay within those budgets we look fo the bestt hp per dollar solutions. N20 is the cheapest way to get a good powertrain for the 1/4. Ieven if it sacrifices reliability/peak performance.

Hutch: Most do a 350 because it is common. I want to do a turbocharged 400 block with a 350 crank. High reving turbocharge v8s are very nice.
sweet ass! the 377 is a Chevrolet un-sung hero!:thumbup:

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
mtl_hed said:

the 305 is pretty common too you dont see everone rushing out for it.. but then agai that is a big piece of chit.. but the 327 isn uncommon either... the way i meant it is its your truck be original in your design dont follow what everyone else does... thats one reason i mlooking into a 4.0 liter aroura engine... dont have the cash for it so i dunno how feeasible it is right now but as the time comes im going to look more toward a dual cam engine...something that can make 7500 rpm's and still have room to spare and peak closer to 5500

1 - 15 of 15 Posts