S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 s-10 and a 2.8tbi v6 that has a 167,000 miles on it .
I want to put or have some one put in a 4.3 vortec v6 but i want one from a new s-10 like a 96 or newer but the guy i talked to he said he would relay just want to put up to a 94 4.3 into it. But I just want to know if some of you have done this and if you have any tips on this project i am going to start and Know of any places where i could find a good 4.3 complete engine computer and trans. any info would help

NO V8 :

banghead:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I agree with the guy that you talked to. As far as what year of 4.3, I would stay within a year of the truck's model year.

I have a 92 Blazer with the 4.3 CPI. I can tell you that with the 4.3-especially the CPI version-, it goes pretty good for a 2-ton SUV. I've seen my year's CPI rated at 200 horsepower at 4500(give or take about 5 hp) and 250 or 260 lb-ft of torque at 3600.
It should be close or the same with a 93 engine.

The 96 and newer 4.3s have more speed parts that you can throw at it, if that helps you at all. I've always felt that the heads
on the newer 4.3s flowed better. No matter what heads you have, I'd have the heads ported and polished for some more ponies.

As far as where to go I'd go to a junkyard for the computer. Or you can go to a parts place that sells complete engines and get the 4.3. Hope I helped you out.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that should move the truck a little thanks for the input i will stay with the 94 and i will start looking for one.

THanks for the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts