S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Sexable Stoner
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering what would sound better? 1 12" or 2 8"s. I can fit one 12 behind the passenger seat! And someone said I can fit 2 8"s behind my seats w/out losing chair space. I am 6'3 230lbs so space is a MUST! Let me know what you think will sound better! Thanks
Keith

·
Got Stones????
609 Posts
two 10's would be louder than either setup and some 10's on the market require just as less airspace as 8's would. JMO

·
Registered
99 Posts
db machine said:
two 10's would be louder than either setup and some 10's on the market require just as less airspace as 8's would. JMO
beat me to it.
yeah, a good pair of 10s would be louder and also take up very minimal space.

jl 10w3
alpine type r
image dynamics idq 10
audiobahn aw1000
audiomobile mass 10 or evo 10
cerwin vega vega 10
kicker solobaric L710

just to name a few

·
"GOT RICE?"
271 Posts
I think it would all depend on what type of sound you are looking for? The 12 will give you deeper bass, where as the 2 8"s will be more punchy. I agree with the others..2 10's would give you awsome sound without using alot of room. Don't forget that in order to have good sound you will need a good amp. A good amp can make any size of sub sound better.

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
skaling said:
I think it would all depend on what type of sound you are looking for? The 12 will give you deeper bass, where as the 2 8"s will be more punchy. I agree with the others..2 10's would give you awsome sound without using alot of room. Don't forget that in order to have good sound you will need a good amp. A good amp can make any size of sub sound better.
I agree with that but 2 10's will still push a seat further forward than 8's i run a pair of JBL 8's behind my seat and lose veyr little leg room and being 6' tall leg room is a lil bit of an issue with speakers ive had 12's behind it and i had no leg room... 2 8's and a 300 watt v-12 pushes them and i get a good sound... they do what i wanted... they hit hard.. but the dont make the lows but they are plenty loud

·
"GOT RICE?"
271 Posts
It all depends on the subs you get. Some need more air space then others..I have 1 12' behind my seat and it still goes back all the way. As mentioned before, some 8" need more air space then 10". So it would all depend on the type of subs he is looking at.

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
i have idq8's on the way. they need .25 airspace, and the mounting depth is 3.5. it says if you put them in a .37 enclosure they will hit down 24hz. they are 150rms each, so hopefully they will sound good. let you guys know when they come in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts