S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
3 Leaf Fab
4,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got a 2.8 blazer, and fairly soon i will be needing to replace the exhaust. its a 4x4, and gets a bit abused.

this is my current muffler:

the PO removed the cat already, and i have crushed the pipe that goes from the drivers side to the passenger side about in half:

my tail pipe even rubs my rear tire, and i have to bend it back every once in awhile.

needless to say, i am getting tired of wearing ear plugs just to drive it cause it is so loud. also i need to remove that cross over pipe to clear a front drive shaft. is it worth it to get headers, or should i just stick with the manifolds? i am cheap, and only have $350 into it so far. but i think it may take me awhile to kill the 2.8 before i can put a 350 in it, so i may as well put a little money towards my hearing loss prevention. i was thinking something along the lines of headers or manifolds with full dual exhaust and two mufflers with no cross over and somewhere in the 2"-2.5" range. i could probably do all that myself, because again i am cheap. any thoughts?

·
Registered
193 Posts
I have a y pipe back 2.5" single pipe system with a Summit brand chambered race muffler that sounds pretty good and was cheap (it's on a '92 2.8L)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts