S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
That's the quote I was given -- $126.00 each from the local Chevy dealer ("genuine GM part" was the excuse). I need these to use with my Stealth mounts (currently have a 2.5). These are $29.99 (set) from JEGs or $8.88 each from the local auto parts store.

Is there really a quality difference, or are the higher prices just hype? Are the JEGs OK? How about the local auto parts ones? Comments?

Terry

·
i wanna go fast
656 Posts
I got mine at Parts America, they were around $9 each, about $20 after tax. The dealer charges a lot because it has a GM stamp on it.

·
I just cummed.
18,276 Posts
**** a dealer.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Yea, they weren't that expensive a few years ago when I had mine done. By the way, if you have a '82 S-10, you're going to be in for one hell of a time getting them changed. The nut on the backside of the frame is not welded, so when you loosed the bolt that holds the mount to the frame, the nut spins inside the crossmember. A real Bitch! I wound up taking it to the dealer and letting them suffer with it.

·
Pressurized 2.2 Member
3,233 Posts
i dont get how it all works still I guess a pic would help. IF I saw a pic of its set up would help. Let me get this right the 2.8 mounts bolt in where the 2.2 mounts are but how do the adapter hook up? then you bolt the lt1 stock mounts to the adapter mounts. The thing that doesnt make sense to me is how do the adapters hook to the 2.8 frame mounts? See now If confused myslef more.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is the nut on an '89 mounts also not welded to the frame -- if not, I can see this is going to be a real pain to get lose!

The mating of the 2.8 mount and the SBC adapter Stealth mount is really apparent when you have them in your hands -- one bolt connection! I don't know anything about the lt1, but to do a standard 350 the 2.8 mounts replace whatever was bolted to the frame in the first place (in my case a 2.5) and the Stealth mounts just bolt to the engine and then attach to the 2.8 mounts. All the holes on the Stealth mounts are slotted, to allow for proper engine placement.

If I can just get the old 2.5 mounts out without much trouble!

Terry

·
Pressurized 2.2 Member
3,233 Posts
ok maybe I got it. The 2.8 mounts are bolted to the frame. The conversion mounts are bolted to the motor and then the two are joined together! So the conversion mounts that are adjustable back and forth are actually slid on the motor not the frame right? also the LT1 is just a 350 with a diff intake and heads right sme block so all smallblock headers work with LT1?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts