S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed that the #2 cylinder exhaust manifold bolts on my 91 2.8 don't have any heads on them, neither does the lower bolt on #5. They are just smooth studs. Is this normal or did somebody snap the bolt heads off ?

·
life begins @ 20 psi
672 Posts
Having just replaced a blown head gasket on my '88 2.8, sounds like someone torqued off the nut that is on the bottom of the stud... If someone snapped the heads off, you wouldn't see anything. There is a few bolts that have two nuts on them to "sandwich" a part. The one on the bottom allows you to tighten the stud in place while the other holds on something else to the stud. I guess it's possible that you have studs in the heads and the exhaust manifolds are held on by nuts in your '91... HTH

Mike

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the feedback. There is no exhaust leaking at #2 but the studs end flush with the outer edge of the manifold. The ends are so smooth they almost look like they were cut off with a Dremel tool. Do these motors use any sort of gasket between the manifold and the head? It looks like they are metal to metal.
Thanks

·
Registered
152 Posts
they are

they are metal to metal

1 - 4 of 4 Posts