S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '88 2.8 2wd jimmy that has a rebuilt engine that was removed from a donor '89 4wd chevy blazer. All sensors,modules, pickup coil,vapor canister....everything:mad: . The O2 was also changed but after hard cranking to get the engine running, it floods(the TPS,iac,injectors....went through six of them,regulator have all been changed with new). the only codes that came up was for the O2 which I changed, STILL the engine wants to flood on me,,,I had it towed to a "quality shop" that had it for about two days...At $65. an hour and came up with the answer that I needed a new ECM and both prom and cal-pak. The original engine ran fine until the oil pickup fell off:confused: and fried the crank on the freeway. No other changes were done. Is this a good answer from these guys or is there another way to check? does anyone have the #s for the two chips needed for a 2wd , auto trans "88 jimmy BTW the donor engine was a recent replacement engine (goodwrench) that ran strong and quiet..just had a big dent in the side:eek: and the ECM is from MY ride not the 4wd. Oh yeah.. I also took out the cat and put in a new T/chain and gears and its on the money... just got this crappy flood problem.....HELP?

·
Registered
79 Posts
ECM is no biggy

The ECM is no big deal. Don't buy new, buy used. The 2.8 ECM comes in a number of forms. You can get one from the Fiero Store remanufactured for $107.95. They used the multiport fuel injection system. If that is what you have you are in business. Try Pep Boys too.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got three used..#s 1228062, same as the original in the jimmy, the guy that checked it said the chips in it were wrong, DUH! It was running the other engine, his answer to that was a dumb look with a shrug...thats what I got for $127. bucks and a read out sheet that said nothing about chips. It gave me the other info I needed to corect a few problems I had...but still floods

1 - 3 of 3 Posts