S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
ATELOPHOBIC President
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an s-15 with a Carbed 2.8 and I am looking for some ideas on upgrades. I am already getting exhaust 2.5 Y pipe to 2.5 resonated single outlet with high performance Magnaflow muffler and a new tip. But I'm wondering what kind of intake i should go with or if just a K&N is best. any opinions on the intake aswell as any other upgrades would be greatly appreciated. Also is it possible to get a chip for my truck.

Thank You

·
Registered
133 Posts
well, you could go with the edelbrock intake manifold, i'm sure you can get the manifold in 2barrel or 4 barrel, but the lowest four barrel cfm i've seen is 390 and that would be a bit much for a relativly stock 2.8, not to say that that's the end of it though. If your after more power, the sky is the limit(that is to say your bank account), there is a whole slew of hi-po parts for 60 degree engines. This should get you started. <http://www.s-series.org/htm/performance/60degree.php>

hope this helps
:evilg: :scary: :evilg:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Just read your last question, and the awnser is no, you can't get a chip for your truck as there is no computer in it. Also if you plan on bumping up the compression of the 2.8, you might have some troubles with the bottom end.

BTW, if you really wanna go nuts, you could swap in a small block, you'd most likley be happier than if you dumped a wheelbarrow full of money into the 2.8, i'm actually planning one myself. If you do decide on the small block, do your self a favor and pick up the JTR book, i'ts a bit pricey but in the long run, it's worth it.

:idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

·
ATELOPHOBIC President
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok

Thank You very much but i think my plans have changed i just found a 93 sonoma with a typhoon engine. thats right 4.3 turbo
but thanx anyways

·
Registered
133 Posts
TYPHOON ENGINE :drinkhaha Where'd ya get that? Are you swaping into your current truck or just driving the sonoma?

Noticed your in edmonton, i live about 45 mins away in lacombe.
we've got alot in common(16 too), so how's this teachers' strike BS workin out for ya?

·
ATELOPHOBIC President
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Engine

ruff_ryder said:
TYPHOON ENGINE :drinkhaha Where'd ya get that? Are you swaping into your current truck or just driving the sonoma?

Noticed your in edmonton, i live about 45 mins away in lacombe.
we've got alot in common(16 too), so how's this teachers' strike BS workin out for ya?
I haven't gone to see the sonoma yet but i'm hoping for the worst bodywise so he'll sell it real cheap because its nothin to throw on new panels. I think i might keep the truck I have now if i can and just park the sonoma in the garage and tinker with it until its done.

The only thing the strike is gonna do is give me more hours at work so its not to bad. You?

·
Registered
133 Posts
As the money and opportunity presents it self, i am in the planning stages of putting a 350 in my truck, and maybe a solid axle up front but those could both be a ways down the road. $$$ is the key here.

Well, as far as the looming teachers strike goes, ya won't hear me complaining, i think i can manage to get a few more hours in. At least it's not gonna happen in the middle of a semester, that would really piss me off.

So what aspect of the truck world are you into??? 4x4s, lowriders or otherwise...
:evilg: :scary: :evilg:

·
ATELOPHOBIC President
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sleepers

I would love to have a sweet sleeper that doesn't use nos. thats what i'm hoping to get with the new truck. If I get it i don't wanna do alot to it maybe a 3/4 drop with a nice rollpan. I just put buckets in my truck so i'd have to have those. but other than that i don't know. I've always been into cars and trucks and stuff but just now I'm starting to get into all the technical stuff. Ever since i went to the car club my buddy is in. The kinds of cars they had there would make you ****. There was a guy with.. I cant remember if it was a 68 or 71 or something like that comet caliente with a 429 cobra superjet engine in it. He had 22" wide tires on the back and that thing ****in flew.

·
ATELOPHOBIC President
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AARGH

I went and looked at the truck and it was much worse than i planned it was in mint and he wanted 15000 for it which just a wee bit outta my league i would like to put a 350 in my truck but i don't know how to go about doing it in the way of tranny, rad, mounts, relocating things. I just need an idea on how to get started and then i would have know problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts