S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a rebuilt 1984 block 2.8l punched the holes put .30” and I have been having trouble with my 2se carb and I just have had enough with it I rebuilt it, but I find it’s way to complicated for what it is. Is there better choices out there? I wouldn't mind some performance but I don’t want to lose fuel economy. And no I don’t want a 4 barrel intake. Does anyone have any recommendations? I hear Webber’s but I just want some opinions

·
Premium Member
511 Posts
Weber.

·
the new guy
905 Posts
weber makes great carbs. I have never run them on the 2.8 but have on bmws and vws and they are easy to tune and reliable. they almost always improved gas mileage, too.

but, I have also used holley four barrels in place of two barrel carbs and got more performance and better gas mileage because the primaries are small on a four barrel with large secondaries for power, whereas the two barrel has to be a mix to try and get good gas mileage and power so it was a trade off of both.

weber makes a two barrel that is progressive though, like a four barrel, so you get good gas mileage and power in the 32/36. its primary is the 32 side and the 36 is secondary so you get a power bump when you get in to the secondary opening.

·
Boozebag
9,372 Posts
There are several improvements you can do to replace the useless 2 SE
Weber is the easiest, the kit is a total bolt on. It will shock you with the improvement in performance. The complete kit with a China man knock off is about $250 on Ebay.
Worth every peso of the cost.
One other consideration... if your 2.8 has miles on it, the timing chain is beat.
The replacement is inexpensive and will also improve everything.
If you are on a small budget, that is the way to go.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There are several improvements you can do to replace the useless 2 SE
Weber is the easiest, the kit is a total bolt on. It will shock you with the improvement in performance. The complete kit with a China man knock off is about $250 on Ebay.
Worth every peso of the cost.
One other consideration... if your 2.8 has miles on it, the timing chain is beat.
The replacement is inexpensive and will also improve everything.
If you are on a small budget, that is the way to go.
thanks for the info really appreciate it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts