S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 84 s10v6 carb engine. i,m looking to upgrade this engine, rebuild, use performance products etc. can anyone give me some advice on how to attack this situation?

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
i think GM makes a book that shows you how to soup-up GM v6. i've seen the book and it's got a lot of stuff, pics, drawings, illustrations, and tons of info. it's got stuff for the v6-60, which is the 2.8L and 3.4L, and v6-90, which is the 4.3L. it even gives you the part number of the performance part and the expected horsepower gain. i cant remember the actual book tittle. phone your local dealer for more info.

p.s. i just made a 100 post. :) :D :bah:

·
Registered
152 Posts
go to gmgoodwrench.com

send them an e-mail, they mailed me a photocopy of the book. It has a picture of an 2.8 w/ velocity stacks on it that looks real mean!:D

·
T/A drivin foundin member
538 Posts
i went the more compression route, pistons, decking the heaqds, porting +polishing, balancing, cam, etc.
Dont skimp on the bottome end! youll regret it later! the 2.8 is a pain to pull, especially with 4x4!

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
ONEBDGMC said:
the 2.8 is a pain to pull, especially with 4x4!
Boy you are telling me. but after the 4x4 blocks of wood for a body lift mine came out easy as pie!

·
538 Posts
dude, are you ust chasing my posts? im gettin emails every minute or two sayin u replied to something:D

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
ONEBDGMC said:
dude, are you ust chasing my posts? im gettin emails every minute or two sayin u replied to something:D
no not really just postin away :D

·
538 Posts
its cool, but i gotta jet man

·
Registered
530 Posts
The early 2.8's have a skinnier crank than the later ones. The later ones can also be stroked with the 3.1 crank. You might want to look for a later 2.8. Some '84 blazers were supposed to have the larger crank, so you might luck out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts