S-10 Forum banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
This... I would like to see.
I will have to look at the supercharger and see how it is mounted.
Never heard this before.
If you still have the FB contact, ask for pix or it never happened...
He said it goes in place of the AC compressor(mine doesn't work anyway), it's the Aisin SC14, I've been meaning to ask for pics just so I can see how he's got the tubing and IC mounted

88 S10 Durango Long Bed 2wd 2.8L Auto

·
Registered
80 Posts
Waiting on pics of the aisin supercharger but here's one of a ford thunderbird SC on a 2.8, I'm curious how hard that one is

·
time to get cereal
2,277 Posts
The thing is that with all the work to do that you could just adapt a later FWD engine into the truck instead and probably make more power NA. Personally, I would figure out how to shoehorn an LZ9 into the truck, it has 240hp and 240lb/ft. with a very wide powerband. 90% of the torque is available from 1500 rpm to 5500 rpm.

That and it weighs less than the old 2.8L

·
Registered
80 Posts
With the thunder chicken SC I agree the Toyota one is sposed to be a plug n play blow thur set up just add fuel (something about full size gm) and Retard spark accordingly, though I was going to look into a timing controler, the trick with the sc14 is it's got a magnetic clutch so you can turn it on and off, itd be nice to be able to flip a switch for extra power and just as easily go back to mpgs

61 - 64 of 64 Posts