S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if any could tell me what all i would need for a swap from the lil iron duke up to a 4.3, i wanna step up my speed, plus its just time for a rebuilt on the duke or something since i cant get passed 80 and it sucks on the fuel..lol.. but the main thing i need is the motor, outside harness, motor mounts, computer, and radiator. will i need the inside harness for the computer to work right? i know i also need a 90` trans and was wondering if i got one from an older 1500 series pickup with a 350 would it work, or would i have to find one for the s-10/s-15, and would the flywheel from the 350 bolt right up for the 4.3 or would i have to buy a MT flywheel? also does the computer matter if its an AT or MT computer or did they not have that yet with the TBI 4.3? also could i install a vortec 4.3 and would it be alot harder to? as for the driveshaft would my stock one fit or would i need to find one from either a 4.3 s10 or possibly the 1500 series truck? my truck is 89 s-15 with a 2.5, 5 speed, shortbed. I know Im probably asking stupid questions to you guys, but i wanted to make sure on the stuff before i went and did everything and something not work right and be pissed cuz i didnt know whats wrong. im not into the 350 because if i drop that in i will end up locked up for racing..lol.. so if you could tell me about what i need i would be very appreciative, because i wanna try to make this a once shot install so i can be on the road with in a few days.

·
Registered
80 Posts
prankster, if your interested, let me know. my brother has a 91' longbed, 4.3 with automatic we may get rid off for the right price. it is totaled (bent frame). all you need is the radiator,fan, fan clutch. the cab and bed are in great shape. i was actually thinking of swapping it all into my 89' but i maybe moving to another state before i get around to it. everything is there and it runs really strong without any problems.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks man but my uncle bought a blazer just for the transfer case and trans and said i could have the parts i wanted off it since its pretty ragged out with rust all over it and the motor seemed to run good with a small tap but nothing major. just gotta find me a 5 speed trans for it and flywheel and i should be set.. but im looking into rebuilting it with a forged kit or something so i can handle power and stuff.. cuz i wanna build it up for power but have look completely stock :-D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts