S-10 Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Awww..you ain't got shit!
3,281 Posts
View attachment 317879
As far as I can tell they're both 700r4 transmission just with different bells, I could be wrong

Later ones will be stronger, but I don't recommend it. You'll have enough things to deal with doing a V8 swap. Will it be a fun truck? Yes. Drive good? No... get ready to dump some money in it to not make it a deathtrap. Not trying to discourage you as much as I am encouraging that anyone can have a small v8 truck... Not everyone has a truck that looks and wrenches like stock that makes the same power as a small v8. There's a lot of hidden expenses in swaps like that. Whatever you figure to do it, double it. You will have to upgrade virtually every component to make the swap if you plan on doing it properly. You'll still come out cheaper putting a 3.4 in it. And you don't have to hack your truck up either.

Here's the last well done v8 swap truck I saw at Pull a Part recently....Definitely "well done"...:smile2:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
The small pattern and large pattern 700s do LOOK very similar externally, except for the obvious difference in teh bellhousing, however, there are differences internally too. One being narrower bands and fewer clutches in the small pattern version.

Just swap it and not have to deal with swapping it later.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
i did not realize that they were different internally. im going to adapt too it and see how long it holds up ill keep you posted

21 - 23 of 23 Posts