S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 87 2.5 s10 that I want to convert to carburetor. I have seen some videos on you tube but I haven't gotten any specific answers. I would like to know what type of 2barrel carburetor I can use and which adapter can be use. converting from tbi to carburetor will eliminate the need for the computer.

·
the new guy
598 Posts
on other posts, the best choice seems to be a weber 32/36. if you go to redline weber, you can see if they make a kit to bolt on to your engine

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
on other posts, the best choice seems to be a weber 32/36. if you go to redline weber, you can see if they make a kit to bolt on to your engine
thank you superj and oldgold1985. I looked at the website and found they have a kit for my 2.5 engine. I will look on ebay or amazon to compare prices.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank you superj and oldgold1985. I looked at the website and found they have a kit for my 2.5 engine. I will look on ebay or amazon to compare prices.
after doing some research I found that kit k491 does not fit my 87 2.5 s10. so looking for more options. manifold adapter does not fit 99004.490.

·
the new guy
598 Posts
What does your intake shape look like under the tbi? I know they make adapters for that weird 3 bolt deal on the v8 and 4.3

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it's the regular 2 bolt throttle body gasket for 2.5 s10(felpro #60767) at advance auto parts. I think that a vw or Nissan carburetor can be use.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts