992 Posts
damn if i registered last time i was on i would have been the 1st 2.5

·
Registered
246 Posts
'91 S-10 shortbed fleetside, Grant wheel, Hurst shifter, Autometer
gauges, '95 Blazer buckets & console, Eagle Alloy wheels. Yeah, I
think I have one, too! The BIG 2.5 super high output 4 squirrel
motor! Does life get any better than this?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Running the 2.5 till she blows, anyone know the average life expectancy?

·
Registered
122 Posts
91 2.5 5-speed

·
Registered
52 Posts
'91 2.5l 5-speed shortbox fleetside custom made intake 3"/4" drop soon to bee 5"/6" drop custom body work includer molded in body kit smooth tailgate skin and in the process of fabricating custom taillights 100% home built.

·
s10***** whore.
1,118 Posts
2.5 1987

·
Registered
1 Posts
:) Folks, I got 1991 2.5 and five speed. I need just vacuum route diagram if some one can kindly help me. My truck was bought last April and I need hose Vacuum diagram in order to route it. The fan Sheilf os off it when I bought it. I need to put in new injectors because I am getting 8 miles to a gallon. Any help will be appreciate.

·
On tha grind
3,060 Posts
87 s-10 here... pos i friggin hate the thing.. goes through gas like a pig and has a LOT of trouble accelerating but apparently its running lean?

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Holy old thread revival batman!
You have a problem, my 2.5 would hit the high 20's in mpg. Do you have a Service engine soon light? ALso check your air filter the 2.5 cracks the exhaust manifold and lets exhaust up into the intake through the hot air duct, band-aid is to remove that duct and stick some duct tape over the hole in the intake

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Guys:

Yep' I got one too. I chose to have it for the economy of the 4 banger. I have a gas guzzl'n modified classic truck already for fun so this is good enough. It carries my ATV instead of trailering it. I'm looking for a new tranny (5 speed) for it though.1993 2.5. Mine isn't in too good of health so I was wondering if there is anyone in the Toronto,Ontario area that has one that is in good shape for a reasonable price then maybe we could talk. Thanks
Willys
P.S. mine is getting 27MPG at the moment, Also would like to get an old 1982 or so truck too.:)

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
I used to get 27mpg with my 88 4x4, now I get 21-22 with my 2000, but I have the extended cab, A/C, Cruise,
carpet :)

1 - 20 of 177 Posts