S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought a pair of 2.5 inch lift coiils that i was planning to install this weekend. i figure once the coils settle and break in i should get about 2 inches of lift. other than flipping my ball joints will i have any problems with allignment or camber or anything like that. and how hard are coils to install. i have done a lot of mechanical work but have never done coil springs any advice would help

·
Master Shake
2,823 Posts
Do you still have the stock control arms? Because it's not reccomended to go with bigger than a 2" lift coil with stock arms, the suspension gets some alignment issues with that big of lift and stock arms.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ya i still have the stock arms i was told that i could go up to 2.5 because once i got to three inches i would need to get the new arms

·
Registered
873 Posts
Those springs will be fine with stock control arms, you have the Fabtech 7268's right?
those are the only Fabtech springs that are any good, just make sure you re-mount the balljoints

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do you think it would be easier just to replace my balljoints while im doing it to start off fresh or remount the old ones. and around how much are new upper ball joints

1 - 5 of 5 Posts