S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 91 2.5L S10 with a 5 speed. I did the usual tune up stuff.....wires, plugs, dist. cap, rotor button, etc. It seems like it is still down on power. What else can I check or replace to make it run better? It seems ok at part throttle but if you floor it, it seems to bog down. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Steve

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I stutters when you push it to the floor. Now I do drive a 2000 camaro z28 too but I can tell it isn't pulling like it should. I know it doesn't have alot of power but this seems like a problem. I've been reading some older posts about the egr and I did notice that mine has been plugged off. Could this be a problem? I also read alot about the throttle position sensor. It seems so cause this problem too. I work at a parts store so I'm probably gonna pull the tps and the map sensor and test them.

Steve

·
Registered
63 Posts
Have you replaced the fuel filter on the firewall ? The EGR should really be hooked up, you could damage your engine without it. If you do replace it I would recommend getting the replacement from GM.... I went through 3 aftermarket ones before I broke down and spent the $70 on a GM EGR.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I replaced the fuel filter when I done all the other stuff. So you think the egr needs to be plug up? I've read alot about people blocking it off but I will look into it. Thanks.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I don't think the link worked ,anyway you can get away with plugging your EGR provided you don't have an internal vacuum leak on the unit itself. (that's what happened to mine)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts