S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
gumby green
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 91 S10 Cameo EL, now the stock suspension on the rear is stiffer than on ordinary S10's. It has a 3 rail leap spring instead of 2. The back is noticablly higher than the front, i was planning on a 2/3 drop to hopefully even some things out. I was considering for the front 2" drop sindles or 2" lower springs... which would be best? and for the back either 3" Drop blocks or a newer leap spring. Right now i have trouble getting traction and without getting wider tires, what would help soften the ride with about a 3" lower drop than it is now. What would you suggest and what have others done? thanks

·
Long Bed Member
3,065 Posts
for the front you'd want to use 2"spidles to keep your stock springs therefore your stock ride, and for the back 3" leaves would probably be a good choice, also for the ride i would sugest getting some good shocks if you dont already have some, because they are a key piece in ride quality

hope that helps some :)

·
gumby green
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, so ive decided to use 2" drop spindles on the front and for the back 3" drop blocks... where would anyone suggest to get these parts and whether all drop spindles are the same or there are different types for different looks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts