S-10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a 2/3 drop for my Xtreme. I am looking at the Western Chassis drop kit. Its only $169 for the kit (they invented spindles) and its all american parts and built in the USA. I looked at DJM and BellTech, but they are too expensive for the same products. Why spend another $200. My problem is, where can I get the parts installed? I live in Chandler, AZ. Close to Phx...

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
first of all they will charge you tax and shipping so you will be paying more than the belltech set up from summit

you need bel-2100 and bel-6202
the company you want to go with also doesnt have the right pinion angle for your x. call summit go with belltech its 175 shipped. i bet you with shipping western chasie is gonna be more

tony

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
if you want to be safe go with the 3 inch drop spring in front and let it settle down. the spinldes would give u only 1/2 inch more drop if you went with the spindle and zq8 set up.

if you go with the 3 inch drop in front and use the 2 inch drop block in back 245-45-17 front and 255-45 17 back is perfect. e mail me at [email protected] if you have any more questions

tony

D

·
0 Posts
umm if you use a 2" spindle with a 1.5 factory spring drop that will lower your truck 3.5 not just .5

D

·
0 Posts
the zq8 is only a 1.5 drop . and the front only consist of a lowering spring which is 1.5 with a regular spindle.now if u put on a 2 inch spring then you have a .5 drop cause you added .5 tp a 1.5 . you get what im saying. where with a spindle your putting 2 with a a 1.5 not replacing .not moving thr suspension. your just relocating the displacement of the tire .which is 2 inches higher then a stock spindle which is set at -0+ so eays math 2 inches {displaced} plus 1.5 still equals 3.5 for the front

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
ZQ8 DROP IS 1.5 INCHES
ZQ8 DROP AND SPINDLE IS 3.5 INCHES

3 INCH DROP SPRING WITH STOCK SPINDLE IS 3 INCHES

SO ZQ8 SPRING WITH SPINDLE IS 3.5 INCHES. WHICH IS .5 INCHES LOWER THAN IF YOU JUST GET RID OF THE STOCK SPRING AND GO WITH A 3 INCH DROP SPRING

TONY

D

·
0 Posts
dude i dont know wher emy mind is .. i just read it again and now i see what ur saying. and yes ur right. i thought you was sayin putting 2"spindle only lowers it .5 heh which would make it a even 2 " my brain is so not there today i been up since 430 yesterday . so yea 3 " spring replace will make it a even 3 inches

jus call me dumb ass tonight

·
Moving Violationz NE Member
354 Posts
DUMB ASS:D

·
Registered
20 Posts
:rolleyes: DUMB ASS:bash:

·
Medium Pimpin'
2,403 Posts
dancinxtreme said:
dude i dont know wher emy mind is .. i just read it again and now i see what ur saying. and yes ur right. i thought you was sayin putting 2"spindle only lowers it .5 heh which would make it a even 2 " my brain is so not there today i been up since 430 yesterday . so yea 3 " spring replace will make it a even 3 inches

jus call me dumb ass tonight
alright dumb ass.........:D :eek:

·
Registered
3 Posts
dude i am so confused with this whole lowering thing, i wanna lower my wifes xtreme too, and i have no idea what to do, so from the factory does the xtreme have lowering springs or lowering spindles in the front, and in the rear does it have lowering springs or blocks in the back, see now i don't know if i should buy coils for the front or spindles for the front, or if i should buy leafs for the back or blocks, AHHH. cause i was lookin at a set of 2 inch springs and 2 inch spindles but now i'm not sure if it will help, and i got another guy thats got a set of 3 inch leafs for the back and i'm not sure if it will help either, the rate i'm goin i'll be able to put some 35" swampers under it. cause it will be all wrong.

·
Hello
11,397 Posts
dude i am so confused with this whole lowering thing, i wanna lower my wifes xtreme too, and i have no idea what to do, so from the factory does the xtreme have lowering springs or lowering spindles in the front, and in the rear does it have lowering springs or blocks in the back, see now i don't know if i should buy coils for the front or spindles for the front, or if i should buy leafs for the back or blocks, AHHH. cause i was lookin at a set of 2 inch springs and 2 inch spindles but now i'm not sure if it will help, and i got another guy thats got a set of 3 inch leafs for the back and i'm not sure if it will help either, the rate i'm goin i'll be able to put some 35" swampers under it. cause it will be all wrong.

ok calm down. this is really simple to low an xtreme. from the factory, they already come lowered 1.5" all around using coils in the front, and leafs in the back.

if you want to lower it another 2" in the front, and 3" in the back, all you have to buy is 2" drop spindles, and 3" blocks (angled ones if it is an ext cab!).
this will make it a total drop of 3.5/4.5

you can keep the stock shocks as well.

and for the record... dont let this confuse you... IF you bought 2" coils, and put those in, you would essentially only be lowering the front .5" more than it already was. and if you bought 3" leafs for the rear, that would make the back only 1.5" lower than it came from the factory. any more questions, dont be afraid to ask. we are here to help:)

and welcome to the s10forum!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts