S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Sportin' the Black and Red
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has a 2/3 or 2/2 drop and if so, will the 2 inch drop in the front cause problems with my stock extreme tires?
They r the stock 55 thickness so I am wondering if I am ok on riding around like that. Will the tires have a hard time turning left to right? please post some pics if u have done either one. So far I have an 0/2 drop so it sits up in the front.

Thanks,
Meanextreme.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
no problem, i just dropped mine yesterday 2/3 and i doesn't rub at all, i have the same tires and rims as you and i have a 2000, no problems at all

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
y2kblkxtreme said:
no problem, i just dropped mine yesterday 2/3 and i doesn't rub at all, i have the same tires and rims as you and i have a 2000, no problems at all
i just almost the same message in another thread.......same here......i just put a 2" drop on the front of mine the other day and there is no rub.....it'll rub just a lil if you hit a dip or something like that pretty hard, buts that's bout the only trob you should have....hopefully i'll get the pix of mine this week

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
2/2 xtreme question

i'm also thinking about putting a 2/2 on my 2000 xtreme.....i've heard good things about the handling and ride but how about getting it on a lift for oil changes brakes blah blah blah....is it still possible w/o jacking each corner or is there something i can do when i lower it......or am i screwed and have to take it to some crappy quick lube that still has the pits the mechanics work in for 5 bucks an hour and dont really care about your ride......

·
1,088 Posts
that was the biggest prob i had....there was only one place here in town that had a pit to work in....all others had those lifts that ya have to drive up on......i've had my oil changed at the dealer and they didn't have a prob so it shouldn't to bad for ya

·
Registered
78 Posts
2/3 X drop

I have a 2/3 drop on my 01 X using spindles & blocks and the stock tires & rims work fine cept for an occasional rub in the front with a big bump/hole/dip which could probably be elimenated by trimming the fender lips.(doesn't rub hard enough to leave a mark on the tire) There is a problem though going up driveways drive on hoist etc. with front end SCRAPING BIG TIME so you have to be careful/common sense. I also would definatly recomend cutting out the bump stop BRACKETS. Hope that helps.

L8tr 01 X-Fanatic

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
thanks

yeah that definately helps....i'm gonna drop it probably 2/2 come spring....i would do 3 in back but i haul stuff on occasion..

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
4/5

guy in my town as an x with a 4/5 and low profile tires on stock wheels.....if it was the v6 the rear would drag on heavy acceleration.....slammed look is cool but on an x your asking for trouble.....

·
01 Bagged Truck 4 Sale
265 Posts
Does anyone have pics of a 2001 ext s10 zq8 with stock rims and tires slammed with 2/3 or a 4/5 drop
:thumbup:

·
1,088 Posts
i just got some better pix of my X with a 2/3 drop this last weekend...only prob is that it was the start of that roll so it'll be a week or two before i get em developed...i would def. rec. a 2/3....looks hella good with plenty of room below

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
sweet

ya get those pics up i would really like to see em.....maybe you could use the rest of the roll taking more pics of your x :D maybe if it wouldnt be to much trouble could u set something next to it for comparison purposes...like a basketball a tape measure...or a naked chick....

·
1,088 Posts
i have very few of em on the homepage (click on the drawn truck under my sig)......there is one with a can in front of it before and after........i want to think the wheel wells set at 24 1/2" or 25"....there is a pic of it on that page but it isn't very clear.....the one with the side shot after the drop is not a good pic at all......it was a lil to dark out to get a good pic of it

1 - 14 of 14 Posts