S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed a great deal of you have the S10 Xtreme... I have the Blazer X. My question is is there a difference between the 2 as in their factory ride height? The S10 always seems to sit more level & lower than the Blazer (in my opinion). I want to drop my blazer 2/3. I want it to be low enough & not too low... so if you guys could help me out here I'd greatly appreciate it! I'm also rolling on 18 inch rims & 235/40/18 & there is ALOT of space that I want to fill with the drop... thanks!

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
well one could be cuz of you 18's..and prolly the seats inside are bigger which make it seems like ur higher than the average xtreme pickup..haha
but yea i could totally be wrong..im just guessin here.. :)

·
Teh S10Forum Hawk
14,000 Posts
the Xtreme blazer has what i think is called a z87 suspension?
the xtreme s10 has the zq8 suspension

i'm not sure if there is a height difference between the 2 suspensions of not, but now that you know the names you can probly search and find stock heights..

i think it is because of the 18" rims though, what tire size are you running on them?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm running 235/40/18's... theres just so much space inside that wheel well & its driving me crazy!!!

·
Rollin on Black 18s
529 Posts
From what I have read on here the suspension parts are not the same on yours. You will need different spindles and maybe springs. In the rear you can still do blocks, but you will run into problems with the rear bumpstops and clearance. Try contacting NORCALSTi he used to have a blazer 5/6 dropped on 19s. He can probably show you a lot that you would need to know, or point you in the right direction.

Drew

·
Registered
64 Posts
03 S10 eXtreme said:
well one could be cuz of you 18's..and prolly the seats inside are bigger which make it seems like ur higher than the average xtreme pickup..haha
but yea i could totally be wrong..im just guessin here.. :)
yea, your totally wrong. the seats are the same.

ok aj2fly...i have blazer x with 18" wheels and this is how i had the suspension before i bagged it. 2" belltech drop spindles and 3" belltech drop coils up front. *the 98+ blazers use different spindles than the previous years. and in the rear i used a 4" angled block. you'll have to remove the front bumpstops and i just cut the rears in half. you can still use the factory shocks.

·
Teh S10Forum Hawk
14,000 Posts
any pictures of it at that height?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I hear if you use the factory shocks with the drop it will make ur ride pretty bumpy... is that true anyone???

·
Registered
64 Posts
that drop right there is 3" lower than the factory xtreme height. cause thats 2" spindles and 3" coils which replaced the 2" factory coils. i didnt scrape much with the 4" blocks, that is if your talking about speed bumps. i did however, go through 3 air dams with it that low in the front. as a matter of fact i ripped it down the middle at that show in the picture.

aj2fly-as for the shocks question...i am still using my factory shocks, and my blazer is bagged now. and i usually ride at that height in the picture soooo, i think the shocks are still doing a good job.

·
Medium-size Truckin
4,783 Posts
aj2fly...using your factory shocks will not give you the bumpy ride, its the bumpstops that make it ride rough. at least that was what happened my case...i did the 2/3 drop but it sits your ass end right on the bumpstops so it rides like crap! i couldnt be happier w/ the 2/3 drop, just be sure to get ride of the bumpstops....

·
Medium-size Truckin
4,783 Posts
sorry i forgot you had a blazer...i am not sure how low the 2/3 would drop you on the blaze...but badblazerx...damn your ride is awesome! but definately as offthehook said "drop that bish"

·
Registered
229 Posts
Do you have to do any modification to the drive shaft or anything else when you go with a 2-3 drop? If the xtreme is already dropped 2 in. then wouldn't that make it a 4-6 drop? Please correct me if i'm wrong but wouldn't you have to shorten the drive shaft?

·
http://viewmorepics.myspa
165 Posts
no just make sure its at the right degrees. dont let the driveshaft get cocked.

·
truckin
101 Posts
badblazerx said:

here you go.
OH MY GOD. You have Arelli Czar's on that thing! God damn those are fing beautiful! Those are one of my favorite sets of rims. Can you post some more pics???? Like lots!

ahaha.

Thanks!

·
Registered
64 Posts
OH MY GOD. You have Arelli Czar's on that thing! God damn those are fing beautiful! Those are one of my favorite sets of rims. Can you post some more pics???? Like lots!

ahaha.

Thanks!
thanks man...i sold those wheels last year and i have new ones now....as you can see on my web page (my ssm profile) but you can see more pics on www.area51customs.com . they bagged my truck and if you look under customers you will see my 2001 blazer with those wheels.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts