S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took a couple days for me, but was a fun learning experience. I dunno if it's the same for everyone else, but angled blocks are HELL to install. Other than that, the rest was a breeze and now I finally got my drop installed :)

·
Registered
407 Posts
nice... I put my 2/3 drop on my x just recently. It was also my first time doing any suspension work whatsoever. Took me a few hours but It's much better doing it yourself than paying someone to do it for you. You can't take any pride in that.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is how the blocks would line up with the notches for it to set in. The axle was too far back or the leafs were too far forward. It took hours of postioning the block over and over again till it finally shimmed its way in. For one of the sides I actually picked up the axle by the wheel and pushed it forward as hard as possible to get to set in.

·
EX-Minitrucker
3,978 Posts
see you didn't have to do any of that. when you place the block on the leaf and lower the axle on top, even though they don't align properly, once you start to tighten everything down "BOOM" the block slips into place and the pin aligns itself to the hole.
Very nice truck by the way, i love the zq8s.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts