S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i lowered my truck 2/3 about 1 1/2 months ago. ever since then my abs light is on. i used spindals and blocks on the install. i had to remove the two pins to take the calipers off but thats it. i put everything back together correctly and now i have a abs light. the brakes work fine, and it doesnt seem to pull to one side. i figured maybe i would give it time and it'll go away but it hasn't. is it possible to reset the computer to get it off? or do u guys think i screwed something up?

·
EX-Minitrucker
3,978 Posts
Just reset your computer. you might have tripped the ABS sensor when you installed your spindles. Just disconnect the battery and let the computer reset itself.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey mine did the same thing and i just pulled the positive side off the battery for about 2 minutes to reset the computer and mine went away..... try it.... it should work....

·
Computer Geek
6,326 Posts
i have the same problem with my truck but it is a 5/6 drop. have had the battery disconnected and nothing. what else can i try. my truck is a 94 s-10 extended cab.

·
EX-Minitrucker
3,978 Posts
2dxtreme said:
i have the same problem with my truck but it is a 5/6 drop. have had the battery disconnected and nothing. what else can i try. my truck is a 94 s-10 extended cab.
Take the wheel off and check where the sensor is located at the rotor. follow the cable and see if it isn't being stretched or damaged. when you put in drop spindles the instructions say to remove one of the clips holding the line to the frame to let the line have more clearance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts