S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Banned
6,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay...I've got a '95 TBI with the 155hp 4.3. Basically I boiled down to the fact that I beat a 98+ 2.2L while running my A/C.

Is this normal?

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
i drove a 97 ex cab with a 2.2 for a year and a half, and let me tell you, they are soooooooooo slooooooooooow.

·
Registered
205 Posts
HEY!! I HAVE ONE OF THOSE AS MY DAILY DRIVER NOW!! And yes, they are slow as sin. I think I could take a Metro if it is only hitting on 2/3 of its cylinders. I could probably take one if they had a slipping clutch, too.

Wait a minute, can't I smoke a Viper in my 2.2 S10? Whoops, I woke up. Nope.

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
i smoked a vette once in my dads 2.2, it was parked though.

·
Powered By Vortec
34 Posts
Well, when I had the fiberglass bed I beat a 4.3L with my 2.2L. My 4 banger was pulling little wieght. I didn't beat it big time. He stayed on my tail till we slowed down for a red light and he asked me what did I have in my S-10 and I told him the 2.2L. He was like damn....Thats fast for a 4 banger. But yes I am realllllllllllllyyyyyyyyyyy slow now....I have the metal bed back on...Sucks.....:bash: :cry:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yeah they're slow but what do you want? Chevy doesn't do 4 bangers well. V8's on the other hand? Just ask a mustang owner he knows. I like doing weird stuff so i'm gonna put a lil pep in my 2.2 daily driver while i tool with my camaro this winter. I think a 300 hp 2.2 thanks to a disgusting amount of boost should get some respect. It might take a while but it's coming together. So's the camaro. 750rwhp S-10? I dunno i think the motor looks better in the camaro. :thumbup:

·
Registered
64 Posts
I beat a 1998 with a 2.2 in my dads 91 toyota corolla. I was laughing so hard. Later that day i almost beat a f-150 but when i shifted in to 3rd he pulled away-he even had a v-8 in there.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yeah rangers must be slow i beat a V6 auto Ranger in my 2.2 5speed just last night. I hope that guy new what he was up against just so he would understand exactly how slow his truck is.:D

·
Registered
13 Posts
guys, im shocked

Sure, the 2.2 isnt the fastest enginge out there, but the '94s run good, my brother owns a 95 with the 4.3, and i could keep up with him. Granted, not the fastest at take off, but for me, its all i need. Plus the fact that it gets 32 mpg. This thing has 137,000 miles on her with out a problem. I have no problem either keeping up with traffic.

·
Registered
205 Posts
ALRIGHT FETUS!!! I will have you know I raced a moped that was peddling like hell up a hill yesterday and took him by 2 kickstands. I was scared to race him back down the hill, though.:bash: :bah:

·
Registered
205 Posts
Man, that guy on the moped is PISSED!!! He just bought a pipe for it. I think he is gonna call me out; I'm scared to race him now as he may waste me. Maybe I can talk him into just racing my riding lawn mower.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts