S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can find a turbo kit for my 03 2.2L S10? Or maybe if someone has done it before any knowledge of fabricating one? Anything would help.

·
The change has come. . .
101 Posts
There is one on the For Sale forum right now for $1000.

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
and mach is coming out with one, and cavalierconnection.com has theres ready I believe......

Caleb

·
Registered
389 Posts
K.SwiZzle said:
There is one on the For Sale forum right now for $1000.
Thanks for the pitch, but it looks like the truck is sold.
I seriously don't think he'd want my setup anyway.... he's in Orlando, and would probably seriously miss his A/C. :D

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
YA, if at all possible I would really like to keep my a/c

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, I just saw the cavalierconnection turbo kit, now will that fit in my truck without any additional modifications to it?

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
they have pics of it on their website??? Prolly for the cavalier..... anyways, they said the price for the base kit is 2200, with intercooler add 1000......that should be a bolt on application, but it'll take a lot of time as you have to remove your exhaust, bolt everything up, mount the BRFPR, all that....it'll take a while, but it'd be worth it. That cavvy connection kit seems pretty good, and all the cavvy guys like their cavalier kits.....so, go for it!

Caleb

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Also I came across elecric blower fans. Do those do anything?

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
no, no they don't

They have electric radiator cooling fans that replace your clutch fan and work great......but thats the only electric fan I'd go with unless you get turbo and put an intercooler fan on it.....

Caleb

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just talked to a sales rep at Cavalierconnection.com he said that the s10 turbo kit will be ready soon after the holidays. the turbo kit for the cavalier that will fit our trucks now is 2200 bucks. not bad. but there will be a true s10 kit coming out though.
just thought i would let you know

:rock:

·
Registered
389 Posts
KaoticDreams said:
... the turbo kit for the cavalier that will fit our trucks now is 2200 bucks...

:rock:
Being intimately famillar with the space constraints and placement limitations on our 2.2's, I seriously doubt a Cavalier turbo manifold would work on our trucks.

·
Fastest 2.2 liter
566 Posts
Cavalier Connection is da bomb.....check my sig :D. Mike Clements, the owner, is a great guy to do business with. Even before my little sponsorship, he answered all my emails within the next day.

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
It will, you just have to lose the AC apparently.....the said if you want to keep the ac the kit will be out soon after the holidays....with intercooler the kit jumps from 2200 to 4000 though....ouch

Caleb

·
Registered
463 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
the kit that will come out for the s10 is going to run you 2500 bucks. it is good for 10 horses at each pound of boost. the turbo can run up to 20 psi if you forge you engine and rebuild everything. you should expect no less than 300 horses if you build right. then add a 100 shot since the bottom end is rebuilt and you are kicking some a$$. the kit inclused almost everything even a new exhaust manifold. i have not shoped much more than that

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
yeah, but with the addition of an intercooler, it goes to 4000 and the kit includes a new manifold, turbo, and all piping to make it run without an intercooler....and mike quoted me 2200.

Caleb

·
Registered
64 Posts
The cavalier turbo kit is $2200 and the s10 specific kit that will come out is $2500 bucks. No it does not come with an intercooler but you can pick and intercooler up from like Spearco and install it for less than the extra $1500 bucks that they are saying. Beside how much did I see the Mach PErformance kit for like $5500? Even so it is cheaper than that. Besides it is more ideas for the s10 the kits are getting better the more we buy the better the kits will get and the better the prices will get. so call or email to cavalier connection and talk up the kit they may drop the price or start to improve the turbo kit. that is the way things work in the world od business. Supply and demand. If we want it they will build it and if a lot of us want it then they will sell it a bit cheaper.

·
Registered
389 Posts
The Cavi manifold can't work on our trucks unless you move and/or alter a lot of stuff, because don't they locate the turbo towards the center of the manifold? That would put it way too far back on the S-10. I literally could not have located the turbo 1" different in any direction without compromising the installation. Have they (or anyone, for that matter) ever bolted one of these manifolds up to a 2.2 in an S-10?

1 - 20 of 106 Posts