S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have had my 1996 2.2 slow liter for about 2 years now. It is a pathetic excuse for means of transportation. I am sick of astro vans taking me to the cleaners. I found a carburated 350 with a turbo tranny. I traded a guy a paint job for the engine and tranny. The 350 has now been rebuilt and is bone stock. I want to put it in my s10 but I have no idea where to start because everything I have read tells me I need an ecu and wiring harness for the fuel injection. I dont want fuel injection, just a gas sucking carburator. I guess I should replace the rear end but have no idea what to replace it with. I figured I got the engine and tranny out of the way so now I need to find out what else I need to complete the job. I am going to drive it everyday so When I do it I would like to drive it to work. Any help or direction would be great. Thanks, Brad

·
Pressurized 2.2 Member
3,233 Posts
before everyone elses ridicules you like they did me get the manual itll be all you need for a carb setup. Its a lil sketchy on the lt1 or fuelie setup though. Look at the sticky and just read through this and I bet you can do it without a manual.

·
V8 Horsepower junkie
15 Posts
Changing over to carbureted isn't terribly hard to do - friend of mine did it with a 302 in an old ford... only thing he ran into was doing the vacuum lines.
Advance Adapters has some swap parts, like motor mounts and stuff - check out Summit's online catalog, they have lots of V8 parts as well. And hopefully there are a few kind souls on here that can help talk you through it. ;-)

Do you do paintjobs? Might have to work something out, heh, my truck looks really really bad... you might say I have sort of a sleeper right now, in all of its 4-shades-of-primer glory... only problem is the drive

·
Registered
2 Posts
Brad~

I have a 1994 S-10 with a 2.2L and a 5spd too. I just got a 355ci V8 and a 350 turbo tranny from a buddy for nothin. It was in his 1980 Z28, but he's doing a motor swap for a 350 twin turbo race motor. I know alot of stuff needs to be done to make the 350 work in a second gen S-10. I don't know where to start either. I have been trying to find someone who makes a kit that can make it a bolt in project. The only thing that I have been able to find is Advanced Adaptors makes a header kit that will work in the newer body S-10. I don't know about motor mounts. I don't know if u can make any other ones work. Can anyone help me?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts