S-10 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Powered By Vortec
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking about switching my 4 banger for a V6 in my 98 S-10. I would go bigger but I live in Cali and it might not pass smog. So I think I will stick with V6. What would I do to start and how much money would I be spending.?. I can use all the help I can get, since I don't have the fiberglass bed no more, my pickup is slowere than ever. Thanx...

Chevy209:cry::rolleyes:

·
Registered
201 Posts
Sorry to break the news to you but:

1) I don't know the specific Cali laws but I'm sure you will still have trouble with a v6 in a truck w/ a VIN for a 4 cylinder. They will expect emmisions that come from a 4 cylinder.

2) To do an engine swap correctly you would either hace to do it yourself or spend about 5000 in labor for someone to do it right. Then the cost of the motor itself.

Sorry, but you would be better off to trade your truck in on a v6 s10, and spend the money that you were goind to use on the new engine for the difference in price between the trucks.

·
Powered By Vortec
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ohhhhh......

Man that sucks. I owe to much money, I can't trade it in.... Plus I got in a wreck yesterday so I doubt that it will be anytime soon.

Well thanx anywayz...

Chevy209:cry:

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
I believe in cali the law is that you can upgrade your motor to a diffrent one but it has to be the same year or newer as the old one. and have all smog crap on it for that year also.

·