S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2000 2.2l sonoma Brand new motor
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 1995 t5 out of a 2.2l with 49k miles for $400. This t5 uses a clutch fork but it has a hydraulic slave cylinder, the clutch system will hook up to your original master just fine. You can also use the same flywheel and clutch kit. For driveshaft you would need to buy one or have new u joints put on the old one. The t5 that i have also has an electronic speedometer. Cant say where shifter location is just yet as i currently still have the nv1500 installed. Will be updating this post as i work on the swap but it may take a while. Hopefully some of this info is useful to somebody.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
After installing it i was able to use the original clutch, flywheel, driveshaft and trans mount. I had to drill a different hole so that the transmission mount could fit in right. My motor is technically a 99 as it was replaced but a 2000 motor should also work with this, The transmission came with the electronic speedometor so all we have to do to make that work is to connect the original wires. Some of the wires will have to be lengthened because the connectors on the nv1500 are on the passenger side while the connectors on the t5 are on the drivers side. The reverse light will plug into the t5 just fine. I was able to keep the clutch fork system and adapt my clutch line to hook up to the different style of slave cylinder. The only problem i have encountered is that we had to cut a hole in the floor due to the shifter location, 3rd and 5th gear will not go in with the stick installed as it hits the dash, will continue posting solutions in case anyone else decides to try this.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

1 - 4 of 4 Posts