S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 97 2.2 5 speed. A few days ago I left work and it started fine. Drove 5mins to my girlfriends house and was there for 15mins max. I went to start my truck and it kinda sputters and cuts off. I try again and this time it just sits there sputtering until i turn it off on my own. I try again and it finally starts right. I drive another 5mins to my house and turn it off, wait a min and try again and it starts fine. Now yesterday I decide to go get some fuel injector cleaner and run through it to see if thats the problem. I go outside and I cant get it to start at all. I can turn the key and it tries to start but the engine won't fire up.

Any ideas????

·
Registered
144 Posts
Dave-
Your fuel pump is toast. It will just get worse until the truck will not start period. Go put a new fuel pump in it. Specify where things are located? Fuel pump is in the fuel tank. Under the bed. In a square container filled with gasoline. :) Take it to an auto shop if you are not comfortable doing repairs, but be prepared to spend more than a couple hundred for the job.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts