S-10 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Ford guy stuck w/ chebby
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will be starting this project soon. Have some questions. I know not much has been done to do this.. but I absolutely hate that as many s10 trucks on the road that we have no alternative to OBX or PaceSetter for alternative designs.. plus NO long tubes for this engine.

My main reason for doing this is increasing the hp & Torque of our engines.

I plan on seperate 1/2" exhaust flanges per cylinder. I want between 1 5/8" to 1 3/4" primaries. I have sourced the collector/merger pieces.. and plan a 3" out piece that all the individual pieces plug into. Of course this is all preliminary.. but this winter should prove time to test this all out.

We shall see what works and what does not. But honestly any advice that you can give or any tips on sizing and all that please give. I plan on producing the pieces and a company I know will/can mandrel bend the tubing out of stainless once I figure the correct rounte. No reason after this winter not to be without another option in the header market for our vehicles.

-nathan

·
New Old Timer
378 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
might be kinda ghetto but how exactly would a 350 chevy header sit lined up against the 2.2l ports? if you made some sort of adapter plate that bolted to the head, then the header bolted to the plate, you could have a wide erray of header's. you would just have to see which bend style worked best, like out of a car or truck.

·
Ford guy stuck w/ chebby
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
/\ I HAVE THOUGHT OF THAT! Seriously! I was even called a huge hack at another forum about 6 yrs ago for suggesting that.. they said it couldn't be done on that car.. then a year later there were about 6 different prototypes out that people were trying!

Yes, I have thought about that. The only thing to deal with is the small space/"tunnel" and it's bends. Also doing something with the end to allow a "bend or flex... maybe the full crossover piece could be solid and the end that connects to the cat could be a flex joint there.. just thinking.

I have a Bassani ALL stainless high flow cat I am going to weld to flanges factory style. It will have the correct length and bolt ups that the factory piece has. This will be mated with a cat back to single in double out dual. I am thinking flowmaster 50 series (delta) for this..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts