S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every since i got the truck a few years ago it's always semed to start a little bit on the harder side or take a bit longer to start, mainly when warm. Late fall all of a sudden the truck wouldn't start and there seemed to be very little fuel pressure and the truck then started after I gave the gas tank a lil kick, so we replaced the fuel tank. The new fuel tank didn't change the way the truck started at all, and I didn't have any other trouble until January when the truck wouldn't start at all. Well the battery ended up being dead so once I got a jump it ran fine, so I then took it to a shop to have them check the battery or the alternator (note I've replaced both in the last 1.5 year, the alternator twice in fact) the shop said the battery was bad so being mine was still under warranty I got a new one. Truck ran fine for the next few weeks until recently it seems to start harder and harder but mainly when it's warm and usually giving it a little gas seems to be the only way I can get it started which is weird being it's warm. I checked the fuel pressure just by eye from the fuel rail it seemed to shoot out pretty decent about a foot I'd say.

I'm kind of at a loss here, anyone have any insight or experience anything similar at some point.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I have the same problem with mine hard starting after it warms up, and if I remember carrectly from what ive found on here its caused by a leaking injector flooding the motor.

Someone chime in if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Crimson, funny as it looks like we have the exact same pickup looking at your pic! Anyway Did you ever get yours repaired? Also if its leaking fuel, why would the truck then seem to need more gas to start? Or does that make sense?

·
Registered
271 Posts
That is pritty funny!

I haven't taken the time to look into it and fix it yet, I'm going to be doing a major overhaul on my truck this summer so I'll probably get to it then.

I'm not really sure as to why it would require more gas to get it to start, maybe someone can inform us...

·
It's mostly BS
2,940 Posts
http://www.cartalk.com/content/how-do-you-get-flooded-fuel-injected-car-started

"On a fuel injected car, you also floor the gas pedal while turning the key. But what you're doing is sending a message to the computer (which controls the fuel-air mixture). When you press the gas pedal to the floor in the "crank mode" (when the engine is trying to start), you let the computer know that the engine is flooded, and the computer automatically cuts the fuel flow in half."

·
Registered
271 Posts
Wow! That's some awesome info, thanks rimara.

·
Getting back to Boosting
881 Posts
Had an issue just like this on my blazer. It was the fuel pump. When this problem occurs hook up a fuel pressure gauge and check it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts