S-10 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I have a 2.2l i4 with 0 miles on the engine. Just had the engine put in the truck. I wish I could of done a V6 but did not have the money. I've been looking around and started with wanting a 2" Body lift but with just the body lift it didnt look right so as I searched I saw a lot of you recommend spindles and shackles so I found a pair of 3" spindles and shackles and are going to pick them up soon. I was just wondering how much power in the engine would I lose, I commute to college on the highway which will be about 70mph and this 2.2 will be my daily truck (have a 2004 F150 but doesnt fit in the parking deck) and then I would like to know if I could keep the current rims (stock baseline 15inch aluminum rims) but go up in tires. I dont want 31" tires I just want something that looks good with the truck. I'm running 215s Firestone Destination A/Ts which I will get for the bigger tires aswell (not a fan of the BFG A/Ts) so just to repeat
1. How bad is the loss of power?
2. Biggest tire I could get with stock rims?

·
Registered
343 Posts
Loss of power I cant put it on numbers but you will notice it maybe not as much as I do because you are not going to go with 31. I usually try to stay at 65 on the high way unless im running late. Mine a dd too im happy just hate that fact if I slow down it takes a while to get up again. I dont drive on the fast lane anymore :(

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I read somewhere I cant use my factory rims with the spindles is that true? If not this is gunna cost me a lot more than I expected.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So would yall say the 235/75/15s would be best or 255/75/15s? from what I see the 235s are 28" and the 255s are 30" I want firestone again cause I love the ones I have even though BFGs look cooler but I've heard they dont run well in the rain and that the mud cakes up pretty bad on them which makes it like running a bald tire can any of yall back that up?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts