S-10 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a newbie S-10 owner and this forum looks to be very thorough. Looks like I can get alot of info here. My question is........

I just got a 2002 S-10 2.2L Automatic w/50,000. Regular cab and simple. Just a nice basic pickup. Clean as a whistle.
Should I expect a dependable lasting vehicle (with good regular maintenance, that is). I can handle the maintenance and general repairs.
Durable engine? Tranny? etc....

Thanks.

·
xplicit kustoms
323 Posts
anything with proper maintenence will last a long time mine has about 130k and the only repair iv ever done was replaced the clutch

·
WHAAAh?
1,424 Posts
I think you will be very happy..........keep up the maintenence........and you should be good

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
NateZQ8 said:
I think you will be very happy..........keep up the maintenence........and you should be good
Sounds good, actually GREAT!!

I've currently got a 2002 Sebring with the 2.7L v6 in shop awaiting a replacement. With only 38,400 miles it went.
It overheated and blew the head gasket/engine. So that's why I specifically inquired about the 2.2L S10 engine.

Thanks.

·
Registered
386 Posts
im hoping the same thing too... my ranger has 225k on it and im just hoping i can get the same outta the dime

·
The doctor is in...
1,251 Posts
I know of a few that have close to 200,000 miles on them, I have 97,000 on mine and it has been two engines (GM defect).

·
Work In lack of Progress
113 Posts
237k and going out of state in the truck tomorrow for the week. It is my daily driver and just has had normal maintenance. Nothing inside the motor has ever been touched not even a head gasket.

·
Super Moderator
20,570 Posts
as long you make sure it doesnt overheat, dont drive it like its nascar even though it cant exceed to 8,9k but 6K is limited, and dont forget to maintaince on rear axle as well, makes a difference as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts