S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 S-10. 2.2. man trans. with 76,000 miles. In the past few months i noticed my truck would backfire every so often through the intake. I have check for codes with a computer no codes. I have replaced EGR valve and gasket, I have run Top engine cleaner through it to clean carbon, new plugs new wires, New Throttle Position sensor. I also notice a drop in gas mileage when this started occuring...coincidence i don't know..realated maybe. I have been pulling my hair out here latley trying to figure it out with no luck..Sooo if anybody has run into this problem please let me know what you did to correct it..
Thanks A lot
Kenny
oh p.s backfires hot or cold...under a load or no load at all.

·
Registered Abuser
2,375 Posts
When does it do it exactlly?
Cold/Hot? Only when mashing the throttle? All the time?

·
Registered Abuser
2,375 Posts
Does a 96 have DIS?
Have you checked your compression? (looking for signs of improperly seated valves)

·
Registered
1 Posts
i also have same problem on 1991 s-10 blazer 4x4 with 4.3ltr and tbi...backfiring through carb and exhaust.....timing fine, plugs fine, cap in good condition...also showing loss of electrical power during accelleration drops to 9 volts new alternator and still does it...could be oxygen sensor or distributer maybe.....i dont know please help...

·
Death_Metal
69 Posts
WOW! i have a 96' 2.2l noma exact same thing... Mostly happens when cold ... during the throw to second gear.... ruuuuuu wabash! ruhhhhh.. My gas milage also went down a little sense then. My engine started throwing a code after about a month of this and its " Random Cylinder Misfire" not sure how to fix that .. Im certainly very interested in wtf is going on.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have a 97 and ive been having the same problems too. when shifting in to 2nd. my code was multiple cylinder misfires code P300. i would really like to know whats going on i just put new coil packs in too. it didnt help at all.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Had this problem with a 3.8L 97 camaro. Turned out to be a bad coil. Happened more than once, three coils.

·
Registered
5 Posts
:rant: my 94 is doing the same thing..changed coils 3 times.

was told to do both at the same time..still waste a pair every year..
anybody got a soulution???

·
More Cowbell
3,186 Posts
my g/f mothers jeep had the same problem ending up being something run with the valves..i don't know the exact problem but her father had to rebuild the top of the engine

·
Registered
263 Posts
This happened on my parents' Buick. The diaphram in the fuel pressure regulator tore, allowing fuel to pass through the vaccum lines into the intake manifold. When the throttle body closes there's high vaccum in the intake manifold, and it sucks fuel in through those vaccum lines causing an over-rich condition and a big backfire up through the throttle body.

Charles.

·
Hardcore Style
1,118 Posts
MY GOD THIS THREAD IS OLD!! it's good to see that a new thread wasn't started :haha: :phil:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts