S-10 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to swap my 03 2.2l with auto to stick shift. i have access to a couple transmissions but i was wondering if one from a 98 or simillar would work or if it has to be a newer manual trans like a 2000+ because someone told me it did. also i would take the manual trucks pcm but would i need anything else such as connectors or other wires so i don't set any codes? i don't care about a clutch saftey switch because i probably wouldn't bother hooking it up but what else would i need? and what years would have transmissions that are compatable with my 03 2.2?

·
Registered
457 Posts
I want to swap my 03 2.2l with auto to stick shift. i have access to a couple transmissions but i was wondering if one from a 98 or simillar would work or if it has to be a newer manual trans like a 2000+ because someone told me it did. also i would take the manual trucks pcm but would i need anything else such as connectors or other wires so i don't set any codes? i don't care about a clutch saftey switch because i probably wouldn't bother hooking it up but what else would i need? and what years would have transmissions that are compatable with my 03 2.2?
You can use anything from 98-03. As far as the hookup goes you'll need the harness too. The automatic trans. has alot more sensors than the manual.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well as long as any 98+ trans will work thats fine by me but has anyone done this that would know any tips or anything to help

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there resurrecting this thread.
has anyone solved this issue. I’m about to do a auto to stick swap on my 03 s10 2.2l any in info is much appreciated. Thanks.

·
B4U Task Force Admin
24,243 Posts
Welcome.
Since you're resurrecting this thread, you probably saw that it's 12 years old, and doesn't sound like you found what you were looking for. It's best to start a new thread since things change over the years, and people tend to move on.

Check out the Rule in the link. They will give you some insight on how to get things going.

Closed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.