S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright....south lindbergh, cruising with 2 of my friends with S-10s. friday night, about 11:30, I get stopped, I don't know where they are but its cool cause we make one round and then meet up at a parking lot and then make another round, its basically cruise night everyone is out.

I have my slow ass 2.2 ZQ8, with a K&N drop in, a removed air baffle, and a enlarged cat back exhaust....this is it, not fast at all. Oh also a 5 spd.....don't know the gears, but they are not drastically tight, I can run 2nd to ~50......never taken it all the way, but thats what I'm guessing it tops at....that is literally my best gear......I have no idea the gear ratio

Well, while I am stopped at this light my friend zack is with me, he says, "Hey check out this eclipse" new eclipse, pulls up and starts revving, I just told zack to hold on......and then I remembered I was in a 2.2 so I was just like, eh nevermind. When the light turned green, he was revving like mad I was revving a little bit, let the clutch out feathered the launch and slammed it when I got a good one, I jumped literally about a car ahead just due to my launch.....but the eclipse closes in pretty quick, but loses a little bit on the upshift, I bark going into second and we're side by side now, he shifts into third, I run 2nd to about 47 and shift to third and by then I have him, he's at the end of my cab, and a light is fast approaching so I slow down. Zack has the window rolled down, and when the guy pulls up he unrolls his limo tinted window and asks me "hey, that **** the 4.3", I go, "nope, 2.2" He says "**** faster than I though dawg, good race, he rolls up his window and speeds off.

Now he had no badges on this car, I know it was an eclipse, the third gen. So I don't know if this was a GT or not, but I HIGHLY DOUBT IT!!! There is no way this was a GT eclipse, cause if it was, that **** shoulda walked right by me in a heartbeat....I'm thinking this was a 4 cylinder GS, it was a stickshift.

·
14,970 Posts
SummerWolf said:
......and then I remembered I was in a 2.2 so I was just like, eh nevermind.

LMAO!!!!!!!

Good kill Caleb

**** i might have to drag my silly ass up there some night.

·
Trick MotorSports!
1,253 Posts
couldn't been a GT, I ran one of those and barely beat it with 4 people in it:uhoh:

oh, BTW, Reg cab 5-speed 2.2's have 3.73:1 rears and second can run up to 52 mph before you hit the limiter. :evilg:

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
J-Rod.....Damn you've been busy with your truck.....is that it now in that pic???

Yeah I knew it couldn't have been a GT, I'm thinking it was a GS

Caleb

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey wait, nm, in your description its not your new one...

HEY do you have those headers, TB spacer and intake still??? or did they get junked with the accident??

·
Trick MotorSports!
1,253 Posts
sold all the 2.2 stuff to 2kwik

damn, I do need to update my sig..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts