S-10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I am shelling out the Cash to develope a t-4 Turbo set up with the fuel upgrade and ecu advancement. Not only the turbo but the intake will be equipted with Direct NOS.

I will keep you posted on the progress and the pricing, It will be a low budget progect but it will all be custom Made. If anyone wants in on any of the porducts I am putting together let me know.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
sounds like someone is either gonna get blowed up or is gonna have one hell of a fast 2.2

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm interested in that too! Are ya' gonna do any internal mods, or just pray that the stock bottom end and pistons hold together?

·
I like my trucks like I like my women.....Clean sh
24 Posts
Please keep me posted, im interested in the kit. i have a 96 Sonoma, and will it fit my truck?? thank you!

·
Self Portrait
1,632 Posts
Can I ask a question? You say that the turbo will have a Nitrous injector, what happens when your boost gets higher than the waste gate treshold pressure and the nitrous (oxygen) rich inlet charge is dumped into the the exhaust?

·
Registered
128 Posts
Sounds like it will go BBBOOOOOOMM!!!!!!

·
Afterhours Admin
27,121 Posts
ooo, good point rhenry...but the import guys do it all the time..all i gotta say is ya better look foward to pulling the block apart after it blows the first head gasket...anything over 7 lbs aint gonna be tolerated..

·
Self Portrait
1,632 Posts
I guess you could run a pop-off valve out to a safe location like a wheel well combined with a nitrous cut-off when the pop-off triggers. I still don't like the idea......I think I'd just go with direct port injection. Doesn't NOS (the mfr.) make a replacement injector to bolt in and supply nitrous as well as fuel?

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
I want some turbo parts, but I'm not going to run N20 And turbo......

Caleb

·
Registered
63 Posts
Keep me updated and can you post pics of what your doing?
:scary:

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yee of Little Faith

Do you actually think that I would Blow up my truck?!?! That is my baby, I have lost many a woman over that truck. I am completely rebuilding a 2.2 on a stand from scratch, I am also considering having it blue printed. The good thing is the guy who is helping me build this engine, built engines on the NASCAR circuit for 5 years (then he got married, sucks for him good for me). I may not know everything about what I am doing but he knows more than enough. And if it blows, sorry guys going to have to go with a twin turbo 4.3 so either way I win.

Ha Ha Ha, Real live Honda Eater

·
Self Portrait
1,632 Posts
Now the twin turbo 4.3L sounds very tempting! But I don't want you to blow your 2.2 to get to it! Andd you should definately have the 2.2 blueprinted and balanced to very tight tolerances.....makes it take the revs better and with the turbo and nitrous is is gonna rev!!!!!! If ya have a digital camera try to take as many pics as possible and start a new thread over in the how-to forum and post all the details for us...what parts you're using....machining operations ...the whole process.....I for one am very interested.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
16 Posts
what type or brand of turbo are you going with, i have tried to search for kits but nothing would come up.
i have a 98 2.2 and could find nothing

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
no kit all C&C machined. We are still in the design process. Look for the whole thing to be under $3000 and all custom. That is not including the 4 core intercooler.

·
The Tool All The Pro's Use!!
303 Posts
Are you sure the 2.2L is going to be able to with stand the power your going to attempt to put though it? I'm not trying to show lack of faith or anything, but I've heard many a story of cracked 2.2 Heads and what not on N/A motors. Machining/Blueprinting it doesn't neccesarily fix that.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts