S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I asked this in the 2.2 forum but noone responded so maybe I was in the wrong place. Does anyone have some input on this subject?

I currently have 2.2 stock engine that is crap. This is sitting in a 94 GMC Sonoma. I would like to drop a Syclone engine it and have decided I will need a 4.3 trany and driveshaft.

Is anyone familiar with this conversion? Is there more to it then the trany and driveshaft?

Thanks in advance for the info.

·
Spoolin' Fool
434 Posts
Open the wallet! It's gonna cost you! I've seen people do 4.3 to 4.3 turbo conversions and it gets very pricy. You need a complete 4.3 block. Syclones have different pistons for a lower compression ratio. They have multi port injection, a turbo and intercooler. A different ECM.....and the list goes on. If you get lucky and find a wrecked Sy/Ty you will be in good shape. But if you are going to aquire the parts seperately, you're looking at (ballpark) roughly 4-5000.

·
Registered
201 Posts
In other words, your better off trading your truck in on something else if your looking for performance. Trade it for a 4.3 and do a super/turbocharger.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Who said anything about building the Syclone Engine. I am going to put the entire engine in there (Long Block) including the ECU, wiring harness and Turbo.

I was just wandering if.

1) a 4.3 Tranny and driveshaft would work
because I want to keep rear wheel drive thinking it would be
easier then converting to all wheel drive
2) If there was anything else you can think of that would need to
be changed or would keep it from working.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts