S-10 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok what all do i need to do this swap, im new to the forum and dont see any how to on this. If im in the wrong on posting this here please point me in the right direction. Need a parts list to go from a 95 2.2 to a TBI 4.3, both auto and i have the 4l60e already.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
uh motor mounts fuel pump in tank um prob trans mount exhaust rad hoses fan etc um ecm theres prob more

·
i saw what you did there!
3,573 Posts
youre basically starting over with a awhole new truck becaue everything has to be swapped

also, tbi 4.3 and 4L60e was only in 93 94 95 years and would probably be harder to locate a harness and ecm for than a 4.3 tbi 700r4 combo in which was dirt common and all over the place in junkyards and in back yards etc

just an idea

it will surely be way cheaper to just sell the 2.2 truck and buy a 4.3 truck, or trade for one, rather than buy all the billions of parts its going to take do to this, and plus all the labor and troubles youre gonna have, and down time too.,

good luck!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My truck is a 95 and i can find the tbi 93-95 all over the junk yard. Well as of now i have a free engine, not sure what all comes with it. All i was thinking was needing a few things and i am not slow by no means doing work.

Things i think was it
harness engine and dash to computer
ecu
mounts
powersteering(if 4cyl one does not work)
exhaust y pipe
intake box or tube

What else could there be?

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
Get yourself a for sale sign at autozone and search craigslist for a stock 4.3 truck.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I dont give up since i want to clean the wiring and interior up anyway all the parts are coming out for a make over.

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
I look at it this way, when a vehicle comes with an engine option you want from the factory you just start with that vehicle to begin with. I am not doubting your skills in any way, I could swap a 2.2 truck to a 4.3 no problem...except the problem in my head when I finish and take a step back and realize all the time and money invested to recreate something GM already did for me. Beyond that when you are done you still have a 160hp truck...just not worth it in my eyes. If I ever had the urge to own an s10 again and dismantle it, it would be for one reason: to install a V8.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
hey maybe he wants a project he said he has most of parts for free so it wont cost much besides his time if he wants to do I'd say go for it cuz ya you can go buy a 4.3l truck but this way he knows the thing inside and out and can say he did it instead of buying another truck and selling the one he has when maybe he has other things done to the truck like a new suspension or whatever.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Thank you jman your 100% correct.

Now can someone point me in a useful direction?
no prob man basically you will need wireing harness ecm prob the 4.3l in tank fuel pump exhaust motor mounts cooling system driveshaft maybe

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
If you want to start from scratch and clean it up, I would get an aftermarket TBI harness, standalone guage harness for aftermarket guages and do a little custom work on the body harness to clean it all up. The stock wiring on these TBI trucks is absurd for how simple the system could be.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ive messed with hondas and have done a wire tuck before hahaha. Where would these aftermarket harness' be had at?

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Painless is the only one I've seen before. Was quite clean. Was run on a fullsize blazer with a custom body harness as well. Build for 350\th400\205 4x4 with 37"+ tires for sand, so not quite the same application, but the same ideas apply.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts