S-10 Forum banner

2.2 swap

984 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  bk2life 
#1 ·
I have a 2.2 I want to swap a 98 5.7 out of a corvette in to it based on what I’ve looked up they both have 4L60-E trans but will they mate up and are the bellhousings any different I plan on ordering a new harness from cpw I want to stay automatic I want it to look as stock as possible

#4 ·
You realize that's a FWD engine, correct? You're way better off just getting an engine/transmission combo all at once. The S10 4L60e isn't exactly made to handle a lot of power.

#8 ·
I think you comprehend the idea of engine swapping, but don't understand the workings of it.
Are you able to do all the work yourself? Engine swaps can be cheap, but you still need to have at least 3k ready to burn. If you can't do it, it'll cost you several thousand on top of that.

#6 ·
I don't think the motor mounts will attach to the FWD engine. I would find a 5.3L and 4l60-e combo from a 2wd Silverado. Any swap is going to empty your wallet though.

Reactions: Nadams
#7 ·
The FWD 5.3L engine is slightly different and a bit of an oddball. I have heard people putting them in the engine bay of 4th gen Camaros using the 3.8L transmission, but there has also been talk about pulleys from this and that, and other oddball things to make it work. Consensus there, just start with a Z28 and have all the stuff you are supposed to have. That being said, I would also recommend just getting a truck engine and truck transmission and leaving well enough alone. The swap is going to be difficult enough without trying to un**** a *** engine in the first place.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.