S-10 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone noticed the new Saturn Sky Redline has a 260HP, 260TQ turbo 2.0 in them.

Wouldn't that be funny to swap a 2.2 for a smaller 2.0 and get twice as much power?:haha:

·
blahh
1,392 Posts
ummm dude thats messed up GM gave us all a foot in ass with this engine...

·
95 S-10 2200
510 Posts
Get a smaller engine and get twice the horses....Sounds like a good deal to me. Probably would get better mileage too. Yeah the GM engineers didn't put their best into the double duce.

·
Registered
3,833 Posts
You guys are cracking me up. The 2.2 is a damn economy motor. It isn't built for hp. Just built to last a long time and get good gas mileage and that is it. You can't do anything to a 2.2 to make it fast!

·
Broke Missionary
201 Posts
aah dudes if you want power you get a 4.3 if you want mileage you get a 2.2.....its not that hard to figure out

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Were not talking about building a 2.2 for power, were talking about swapping a 2.2 for a NEW 2.0 in the Saturn Sky that has a factory HP of 260 and TQ of 260.

·
AVTekk is my HERO
1,232 Posts
Dan Plante said:
You guys are cracking me up. The 2.2 is a damn economy motor. It isn't built for hp. Just built to last a long time and get good gas mileage and that is it. You can't do anything to a 2.2 to make it fast!
so does that mean if its anything but a 2.2 it can be fast? because there are some fast hondas and mitsubishi's out there

·
The doctor is in...
1,251 Posts
It would be cheaper, and easier in the long run to just add a turbo to your 2.2L.

·
The pimpdizzle
1,715 Posts
The Solstice GTP, GXP whatever has the turbo 2.0 ecotec making 260 hp and it isnt even out yet. I dont even think the Saturn Sky has gone on sale yet. Anyways the engine, tranny, and everything else need would cost at least $10000 to buy new.

·
AVTekk is my HERO
1,232 Posts
LOW-LIFE said:
thats ok thats why they made em w/ enough room for a V8!

i personally am doing a 327 sbc motor in mine when the 2.2 dies.
I'm with you on that, I've already started building a 383 motor got it all tore down and having the cylindars power honed and gonna get a stroker kit for it should be a nastly motor when i'm done but we will see

1 - 18 of 18 Posts