S-10 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking that if we removed the A/C and installed a centrifigal supercharger in its place this would be an easier set-up to pull off.
Use a self contained unit like the Paxton Novi 2000 to avoid tapping oil lines and the TB would be right there as well as the intake point for the filter since our engines are based to the right side for air intake.
Wouldn't this work or am I just dreaming. Shouldn't this be pretty straight foward install. Just have a muffler shop done the connecting lines.
If you really get hot install a sunroof and a roll down rear window:D
What do you guys think?

·
I'm in hot puuurrrsuit!!
227 Posts
Its a good point....I wouldnt miss the AC anyways. I hardy ever use it, not to mention it robs about 30 hp from these small engines and makes my truck run very hot.

Well the Pontiac "Solstice" concept has a Supercharged 2.2L @ 240hp, but its the new ecotec engine and the "2004 Cavalier" is to have a Supercharged 2.4L @ 260hp, and once again its a ecotec engine. Both are basically concepts so its hard to tell what the numbers would be on a Supercharged 2.2L. production engine. Also the current 2.2's that we have arent 16 valves DOHC so the numbers will be even lower. So in the long run I doubt its worth putting $3-4K in our engines. The Solstice is rear wheel drive so if they do make it, if you dont mind having a Pontiac engine under your hood you could use it, lol. :sheep:

Spend your money on the looks of your truck and not under the hood if you got the wonderful 2.2 :finger:

·
The Tool All The Pro's Use!!
303 Posts
I don't see why you couldn't install one of the smaller Vortech S/C's but you'd have to find a place for it to fit. The real challenge is finding a way to get the damn thing to fit with or without the A/C. The only thing is that it wouldn't be a big HP gain considering that you couldn't get much out of it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts