S-10 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 98 2.2 sonoma recently started acting up. The code it has thrown is misifire on cylinder one. I have replaced all of the following without help. Plugs, wires, coils, module. I have determined that it is getting fire so that leaves fuel. I believe the one and two injectors are bad but want some input. I can totally disconnect 1-2 wires and the engine misses the same as when they are connected and yes fire is coming through. I can hear the injector clicking through my stethoscope but i dont think fuel is coming through. ALso the number two plug is almost black with sout like it is fouling out.

Its odd because it misses at idle but revs freely and if you are driving it and floor the gas after it the rpms get up to around 3500-4000 the truck pulls smoothly. I am lost for word on what to do. ANY IDEAS?

Any way to tell if the injectors are bad?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
oh yeah compression is perfect on all cylinders also. fuel pressure is great. A vacum line loose wouldnt cause jsut one cylinder to misfire correct?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i dont see a thread that link doesnt work for me. How could a tps just cause it to miss on one to two cylinders and not throw a tps code?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i got the link to work and read some of your replies. Yours didnt throw a code though did it? Did your miss at idle but rev freely? how bout upper rpms? thanks for the help

·
Registered
26 Posts
one quick way to check your injectors is to call a dealership, and ask them what the ohm reading on the injector should be. Then use an ohm reader and check the injector. If they dont then I would refer to www.alldata.com its a site that you pay for yearly. You enter your car make, model, year,etc. and then you can access all the info you want on your car. The same stuff they use at dealerships. Its a step by step on everything. How to pull your engine, rebuild your tranny, change your brakes, everything. I use it and love it. Good luck!!:not:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the help, but I know the injectors are powering up i am just afraid they are clogged so the ohm reading probally wont do much good

·
Oh shit....
11 Posts
ls1hater said:
i got the link to work and read some of your replies. Yours didnt throw a code though did it? Did your miss at idle but rev freely? how bout upper rpms? thanks for the help

no mine ddint throw any codes. but if you let that problem go long enough, it will destroy the cat. reving was no problem, it would miss every now and then at idle, but it would be the worst and random at cruising and acceleration.

·
Oh shit....
11 Posts
the tool i was using said it was missing in the 1st cylinder, so i changed everything(injectors included), didnt fix it. the TPS eneded up doin the trick. chiltons says it a broken or lose TPS can cause intermitant bursts or fuel, causing the engine to miss

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well bought two used injectors and fixed the problem just a very very slight miss when taking off i think its from fouled plugs now going to fix that tommorrow, now time to replace the throw out bearing

1 - 13 of 13 Posts