S-10 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've got a '98 S-10 with totally stock suspension and the ZQ8 wheels.
I've finally decided to drop it a little so it at least looks good like the S-10's that have the full ZQ8 suspension package. So currently my truck looks like this:

I need your advice on if I should do a 2/2 drop or a 2/3 drop. I'm running 60 series tires, and did some measuring and it does look like there's more distance between the rear tires and fender than there is between the front tires and fender......therefore a 2/3 drop would work okay. But I just DON'T want the rear of the truck to look any lower than the front of the truck. If I do a 2/3 drop, will it? Or will it look even with a 2/3? What would you do?

Thanks in advance for the help. :)

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
get a good side pic of your trcuk but i say 2/3 or even a 3/4 :p if u dont want to go that low then stcik with the 2/3 i say 2/3 will work fine im getting a 4/5

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well it's dark out, so I can't go take a good pic of it from the side the way it is now. But here's a pic of it before I put the ZQ8 rims and new tires on it. I think the tires that were on it then were also 60 series. This is my daily driver and I want the ride to be good, so I will not consider anything lower than a 2/3. Just wanted to make sure a 2/3 wouldn't make the rear of the truck sit any lower than the front over a 2/2 drop.

·
2LO4BC
2,859 Posts
id try get closer to a 4/5 personally. then it will look close to what a zq8 truck looks like with an additional 2/3

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
chvys10 said:
measure from the ground to the fender in the middle of the rim on all 4 sides... if you want the truck level, then u can find out if the rear is level or 1-2 inches above the front
Ok, I'll just do that tomorrow. Thanks. ;)

·
Finally Bagged
896 Posts
DavesGTP said:
Ok, I'll just do that tomorrow. Thanks. ;)
Im gonna say go with the 2/3, but I agree with some of the others I would go maybe a little lower like 3/4 or 4/5. But either way should be good. Where'd you get the zq8's by the way? I love those rims and I want a pair too. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
i have a 4/4.5 drop n they measure at 26 1/4 and 25"

·
Searching no more
2,467 Posts
I think a 3/4 drop is one of the best drops for the buck. I went with 2" spindles, zq8 springs, and sq8 shocks in front, 4" blocks out back with bumpstops cut out. 4" is as low as you can go in the rear without it being necessary to by drop leaf springs. I really sit at about 3.5/4 and I'm am almost perfectly even front & back. Either way, definitely go lower than a 2/2 or 2/3. I used to be 2/2 and hardly anyone thought I was lowered.

·
Registered
7,642 Posts
if you want my adivce on a 2/2 or 2/3 drop do a 3/3 or a 3/4 drop, cause 2/2or 2/3 isn't enough. I have 2/3 on mine now.

thats with 2/2 and stock tire sizes.

thats 2/2 with a front tire 3 inches smaller then the rear

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Okay, I don't see any way of going with even a 3/3 with my 60 series tires because they're pretty dang tall. If I measure (on the front) from the top of my tire to the fender it's right at 3". Would that not mean that if I did a 3/3 drop my tire would rub when I go over bumps? Bear with me, I'm new to this whole lowering thing as all I do is deal with go-fast parts for my car. I just want to spend the $ wisely. I do NOT want it lowered a lot, but I do want it to look just like the S-10's that have the full ZQ8 suspension package. Would a 3/3 really drop it a full 3" front and back? Could anyone with a 3/3 measure front the concrete up to the fender base so I can compare to mine?

·
Searching no more
2,467 Posts
DavesGTP said:
Okay, I don't see any way of going with even a 3/3 with my 60 series tires because they're pretty dang tall. If I measure (on the front) from the top of my tire to the fender it's right at 3". Would that not mean that if I did a 3/3 drop my tire would rub when I go over bumps? Bear with me, I'm new to this whole lowering thing as all I do is deal with go-fast parts for my car. I just want to spend the $ wisely. I do NOT want it lowered a lot, but I do want it to look just like the S-10's that have the full ZQ8 suspension package. Would a 3/3 really drop it a full 3" front and back? Could anyone with a 3/3 measure front the concrete up to the fender base so I can compare to mine?
Here's my truck with a 3.5/4 drop, 235/60 r 15 BF tires. :)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I've got 235 - 60 - 16's so they're taller than your 15's, but your truck looks awesome. :)
I measured from the concrete up the the very top of each tire and also to the fender. It was 26" to the very top of all the tires, and 30" to the fender.
So if I did a 3/3, is 1" enough clearance between the top of the tires and the fender to allow suspension travel over bumps and all?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts