S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of gas mileage do you guys/girls get with your 2.2? I recently went 441 miles on my last tank of gas.

·
I'm in hot puuurrrsuit!!
227 Posts
I usally get 350 pertank....the most I have gotten was 410 this summer, but its still crappy gas mileage for a 4 banger

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I guess I should have said that I had the AC on the whole time.

·
Medium Pimpin'
2,403 Posts
Pewter01 said:
What kind of gas mileage do you guys/girls get with your 2.2? I recently went 441 miles on my last tank of gas.
around there, pushing the low gas light.........

·
Moving Violationz NE Member
354 Posts
Well My driving is mixed. highway and in town. I average around 350 with LF light on.

·
Treadwear Waste'n Member
133 Posts
I usually go for 315 and fill up (paranoid).. takes about 12.2 gal.
thats almost 26mpg.

·
Dain Bramaged Member
1,583 Posts
BASTERDS!!!!I hate you all...I can get 350 out of a tank, and that's running interstate ONLY, no hotdogging it, and then it takes about 15 gallons to fill up...that's about 23 MPG...I HATE YOU!!!

·
354 Posts
I will let you know exactly what I get this week. I just filled up and I have gone I think around 70miles mostly in town drving and I'm on the second line after full. Plus I have my new intake and I'm not babying it either

·
Medium Pimpin'
2,403 Posts
Psychobrick said:
BASTERDS!!!!I hate you all...I can get 350 out of a tank, and that's running interstate ONLY, no hotdogging it, and then it takes about 15 gallons to fill up...that's about 23 MPG...I HATE YOU!!!
that's why this is the 4 bangin section u twit, go back to the gas guzzlin section would ya......:D :D :uhoh: :uhoh:

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Weasel said:

that's why this is the 4 bangin section u twit, go back to the gas guzzlin section would ya......:D :D :uhoh: :uhoh:
HAHAHA, I didn't even notice that he had a 4.3. Silly Wabbit!

·
Dain Bramaged Member
1,583 Posts
but that's not fun, they all get lousy gas mileage like me, how am I supposed to pester them about it?

·
Medium Pimpin'
2,403 Posts
Psychobrick said:
but that's not fun, they all get lousy gas mileage like me, how am I supposed to pester them about it?
your not we are supposed to pester you when you ask for gas $$

·
Dain Bramaged Member
1,583 Posts
Weasel said:

your not we are supposed to pester you when you ask for gas $$
I never ask for gas money...in fact I usually have people asking me for gas money....as well as other things...you know...small stuff...get some alky, can you spot me for dinner, can you front $150 for a hood....

·
Medium Pimpin'
2,403 Posts
Psychobrick said:

I never ask for gas money...in fact I usually have people asking me for gas money....as well as other things...you know...small stuff...get some alky, can you spot me for dinner, can you front $150 for a hood....
yeah i heard, but usually it's to other v6's we understand.......

·
0 Posts
If I'm lucky I get around 19 mpg. But I always put my foot into it, and I have an ext. cab.
:drinkhaha

·
354 Posts
im at 110milesjsut hit 3/4 of a tank. I have only put about 45 of that on the highway doing 75

D

·
0 Posts
i fill up every 7 days 1 weeks or the most i went with one tank was 427 with ac on and off sometimes and most was highway. keep in mind i have a hard tonneuwhich saves alot on gas. and i dont have it loaded down with alot of weight yet heh.

·
I doubt everything.
160 Posts
Maybe...

I'm just getting in the gas too much!!! I can barely get 275 to 290 before the lf light comes on!!! I am getting ****TY milage like 19MPG or something close to that---->Worse than a dam V6 and no power I HATE THIS MOTOR.

Anyone have any ideas for improving this number? or do I just need to get soem mods done? I'm thinking electric fan, pullies, intake,tb spacer, Jet chip. Anything else you guys can think of?

·
Future Submariner
37 Posts
mine was terrible recently

my last 2 tanks of gas i only got 250 miles before my light came on and i was pissed mad: :mad: :mad: ......i have since changed spark plugs, built a custom intake (added PCV vent tube back into intake), and changed my oxygen sensor last night.....so hopefully i will be back upto 315+ per tank like when new.......last night before i changed my oxygen sensor my tank was at 1/2 with 115 miles showing on the trip odometer..........
now tell me how much that sucks :

1 - 20 of 33 Posts