S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
littleX10
70 Posts
Looks absolutely awesome! No heat shield with this one or did you just not install it? My dad was here in Vegas last week and he visited a local custom house. He drives one of those big engined Chevy 4X4 Silverados. Anyhow he asked about the intake sytem. And they said its a waste to install without the catback exhaust. Because if its taking more in more needs more go out for true performance reality. He is so awesome I have more mechanical knowledge yet he thinks he has more. He used to race Mopars on racetracks. He has experience but I have school so there dad. Plus he tears em apart and procrastinates on the put back together part. I seen him do it since since the late 60s.

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
mine looks just like that except mine didnt come with the part that connects up to the throttle body...i had to run mine into the stock hose, then to the throttle body :cuss:
ill see if i can get a pic of it

·
Essten Concepts Ch. 5 Crazy Mug
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yah

no heat shield, what u see is what is there. i could tell a differance when i put in on. its tight, i like it. but still, its a 2.2. oh well, i will try to make the looks make up for speed.

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
Umm, dante....that same intake is available at auto zone for 39.99 and the filter for 19.99

its under the name "spectre" but it IS an APC intake, just auto zones rebadging

its for honda civics

Caleb

·
Registered
106 Posts
Clean it up a little. Come on man even roaches gotta draw the line somewhere.
bigman1

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
SummerWolf said:
Umm, dante....that same intake is available at auto zone for 39.99 and the filter for 19.99

its under the name "spectre" but it IS an APC intake, just auto zones rebadging

its for honda civics

Caleb

i would return it except for one thing. the performance shop i bought it from said they would put it in for me no charge. so i figure what the hell. except they put it in wrong and cut off the only mounting bracket. the bracket you see in the pic i made myself. so this will have to last until i can get some $$ for a new one. as far as roaches go, my engine compartment does need cleaned up but its no show vehicle, its my only means of transportation.

·
Ahhhhhhhhh Satisfying!!!
5,174 Posts
dante I'm sorry......but you got:booty: :whip: ass whipped on that one......

I would go back and talk to them about the crappy install and missing pieces

Caleb

·
I like my trucks like I like my women.....Clean sh
24 Posts
hey 95slownoma, how much did you gain with the intake??
thanx

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have been looking around for a decent cold air intake and I was wondering what you payed for yours and where you got it from??

Ryan

·
Registered
1 Posts
i got an apc intake to, i paid about 90 bucks with shipping, but i don't like it much. but you can tell the difference too. the welds on the damn thing broke so it just sets on the brackets. but i just ordered a volent from performancetruck.com and it ran me 200 but its plastic so it will stay cooler.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts