S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
For Sale
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was driving low on gas but " low gas " light was not on, and all of a sudden my whole truck turns off and all power is gone. i coast to the side of the road and push mah truck where it was safe, and tried to start it up, would turn over but not start, got the **** thing towed to my house and left it over night and put in 1 1/2 gallons of gas in tank , when i woke up it still would turn over with no start, so got towed to gmc, anyone know whats the deelio with this ? its happened twice now and i hate to be somewhere bad and have this happen.. so any help is really appreciated.
Spark plugs had spark and i put gas straight into the throttle body. and all fuses were fine.

·
Registered
12,726 Posts
bad fuel pump relay or bad fuel pump is what i think it is.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have been told that the fuel pump is sumerged in the gas tank.Meaning that if you are running on fumes(less than 1/4 of a tank) the pump is exposed and it overheats because it is cooled off by liquid. (gas) That should make you even more nervous! Do you really want anything overheating inside your gas tank?This advice was told to me back when I had a Chevy Cavaliers. I have had 4 cavaliers. I understans that it is the same engine as the 2.2 S10. I never drove with the tank lower than 1/4 and for the MOST PART my cavaliers did very well. I am applying most of the same habbits to my 2.2 truck. I have also been told that there is a recall on wiper,fuel pumps and air conditioner relays. This is not a rumor. It is a fact! Good luck my friens and FINISH STRONG!
Gil

·
For Sale
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys for the info.. It makes sense to me now! :idea:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts