S-10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i got an exhaust on the way, i got my intake, and 8 mm plug wires. i still neeeed to go faster. im gonna be on a tight buget this summer cuz of stupid school bills and i want some opinions on what i should get next. i kind of wanna space this out over the summer cuz i gots to afford school bills, and some other truck stuff i wanna do...:D

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Take the rest of your cash, sell the truck and buy a 6...But seriously, fast is a relative term. That little, and I mean little motor is only going to push that truck so fast....You may be askin it to do more than it reasonably can.....

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well, when i say faster, i dont mean it to do 12 sec in the 1/4. i just want a little more power to it, nothing crazy. i would sell it if i could, but its gotta last me thru 4 more years of college.:cry:

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
I hear ya.. I remeber those days...Listen, save your money, make it llok sweet and sound decent, and when your done with school, sell it, pick up something you really want and it will have served ya well...:thumbup:

·
Registered
389 Posts
02REDXBLAZE said:
Take the rest of your cash, sell the truck and buy a 6...But seriously, fast is a relative term. That little, and I mean little motor is only going to push that truck so fast....You may be askin it to do more than it reasonably can.....
The sad part is you will still never beat my 2.2 in thew quarter mile or at top speed. But all the same right?

·
Registered
77 Posts
What hp shot of nitrous are you running and what are you running in the quarter?

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
nthdegreepower said:

The sad part is you will still never beat my 2.2 in thew quarter mile or at top speed. But all the same right?
Please please tell me thats meant to be a joke. Or have you recently taken up smoking crack again lol. I wasnt bad mouthing the 2.2. They are a great motor for what they are. And what they are is 2.2 litre 4 cylinders. God damm I hate beer muscles. Especially when it comes to some people's trucks. By the way, I see a ton of body mods but no real performance mods. :dunno: What makes that LITTLE 4 banger of yours so fast. Must be fast if it needs 4 point harnesses (I know, there really there to hold you in theseat as stuff blows past ya right lol). Post a pic it so we can see that custom airdam and taneau(tonneau) cover. Why is it that some peopl just feel a need to flame for no reason.?:wtf:

·
Registered
18 Posts
02REDXBLAZE, if 2.2 are so slow and you have a 4.3 why are you hanging out in the 4cyl performance upgrade page? Just curious:whogives:

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
I dont think that telling him to make it look good and then sell it in a few years makes sense. mine has a 2.2 and i was going to put an 8 in it but decided not to. If you can build a 2.2 that will beat most 8 cylinders then thats a big accomplish ment. If you get a turbo you can have 300+ hp in a 2.2, 4 banger.... just my $.02

·
295 Posts
Well, my $0.02... I would rather put all the money that it costs to add NOS, and all the other +1 HP mods to a 2.2 and put the $$ towards a 4.3L V6 and a Turbo... Makes more sense to me, at least. I love my 2.2L.

P

·
0 Posts
Dont listen to 02REDXBLAZE he is the King Of BS
Just look at his dyno charts he posted
Claimed he had 300hp from K&N, Modded Airbox, Ported and Polished MAF, Relo ATS, Throttle Body Restrictor removed. HPPIII, Black Magic E-Fan. Moroso 8 mm Wires, and Dynomax Drag muffler w/ Dual Tails and 3" tips

Sorry 02RedBlaze but you know it is true

·
not a self portrait...
1,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i decided that i am gonna wait on more performance mods until later and focus more on the looks of my truck this summer(it needs help). hopefully by the end of the year, im gonna have enough $$$ to get a new intake, my apc one sucks....

P

·
0 Posts
Oh yeah
Forgot about Volant post a a thread asking about Volant

I am not sure
but dont even listen to 02redblaze

1 - 16 of 16 Posts